Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Jerry Bock; Norman Felton; Flora Roberts; John Ivan Simon|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||36.0 c.f. (90 archives boxes) and. 57 tape recordings; plus. additions of 13.9 c.f. 2 tape recordings, and. 2 films.|
The papers document McNeely's work both as a writer and producer for television and as a University of Wisconsin-Madison speech professor, a role he gave up in 1975 to work full-time for MTM Enterprises.
The majority of the papers are correspondence, outlines, variant drafts of scripts, production information, notes, tape-recorded episodes, and publicity for television specials and for series such as "Dr. Kildare" (NBC), "Hallmark Hall of Fame" (NBC), "Lucas Tanner" (NBC), "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (NBC), "Marcus Welby, M.D." (ABC), "Owen Marshall: Counselor At Law" (ABC), "The Streets of San Francisco" (ABC), "Studio One" (CBS), and "Three for the Road" (CBS).
Other portions of the collection contain personal and professional correspondence, financial records, files on membership in ASCAP and the Screen Writers' Guild, lyrics, scripts for unproduced plays and motion pictures, and information on plays presented by the Wisconsin Players which McNeely produced while teaching at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Prominent correspondents include Jerry Bock, Norman Felton, John Simon, and McNeely's agent, Flora Roberts.
The processed portion of the collection is summarized above, dates 1953-1979, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1957-1988 and are described below.
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.
- Bock, Jerry.
- Convenant Presbyterian Church (Madison, Wis.)
- Felton, Norman.
- Presbyterians -- Wisconsin.
- Roberts, Flora.
- Screen Writers' Guild.
- Simon, John Ivan.
- Television programs.
- Television -- Production and direction.
- Theatrical agents.
- Theater -- Study and teaching.
- Theater -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- University of Wisconsin--Madison. -- Theatre and Drama Department.
- Television writers.
- Advertising -- Television programs.
- College theater -- Wisconsin.
- Dr. Kildare (Television program)
- Hallmark hall of fame (Television program)
- Lucas Tanner (Television program)
- Man from U.N.C.L.E. (Television program)
- Marcus Welby (Television program)
- Owen Marshall: Counsellor at law (Television program)
- Streets of San Francisco (Television program)
- Studio One (Television program)