Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Karleton Lewis Armstrong; Emile De Antonio; Edward Ben Elson; Harvey Goldberg; Robert Kastenmeier; William M Kunstler; Paul Soglin; Oliver Steinberg|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||9.4 c.f. (24 archives boxes, 1 oversize folder), and 29 tape recordings; plus additions of 0.6 c.f., 69 tape recordings, 2134 photographs (7 archives boxes and 1 flat box), 4786 negatives (3 shoe boxes), and 262 transparencies (1 binder).|
Among individuals, organizations, issues, and events mentioned in the papers are Robert Kastenmeier, Oliver Steinberg, Students for a Democratic Society, Youth International Party (Yippies), the defense of U.S. political prisoners, the 1970 bombing of the University of Wisconsin's U.S. Army Mathematics Research Center by a group including Karleton Armstrong, and FBI surveillance and counterintelligence activities in Madison during the 1960's and 1970's.
The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1959-1980, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1960-1983, which include taped interviews conducted by Fellner while researching a proposed book on Madison attorney Edward Ben Elson as well as additional FBI files obtained by Fellner under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Armstrong, Karleton Lewis.
- De Antonio, Emile, -- 1919-1989.
- Elson, Edward Ben.
- Goldberg, Harvey, -- 1923-1987.
- Kastenmeier, Robert.
- Kunstler, William M. -- (William Moses), -- 1919-1995.
- Soglin, Paul.
- Steinberg, Oliver.
- Madison (Wis.). -- Police Dept.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Mathematics Research Center (United States. Army)
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Weather Underground Organization.
- Youth International Party.
- Take Over (Madison, Wis.)
- Political crimes and offenses -- Investigation -- United States.
- Students -- Political activity -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Underground press publications -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Madison (Wis.)
- Madison (Wis.) -- Politics and government.