Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Karleton Lewis Armstrong; Emile De Antonio; Edward Ben Elson; Harvey Goldberg; Robert Kastenmeier; William M Kunstler; Paul Soglin; Oliver Steinberg|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||9.4 c.f. (24 archives boxes, 1 oversize folder), and. 29 tape recordings; plus. additions of 0.6 c.f. 69 tape recordings. 2134 photographs (7 archives boxes and 1 flat box) 4786 negatives (3 shoe boxes), and. 262 transparencies (1 binder)|
Among individuals, organizations, issues, and events mentioned in the papers are Robert Kastenmeier, Oliver Steinberg, Students for a Democratic Society, Youth International Party (Yippies), the defense of U.S. political prisoners, the 1970 bombing of the University of Wisconsin's U.S. Army Mathematics Research Center by a group including Karleton Armstrong, and FBI surveillance and counterintelligence activities in Madison during the 1960's and 1970's.
The photographic portion of this collection documents local individuals, events, and well-known visitors, as well as Take-Over sponsored activities, special stories, and newspaper staff. Also documented are people and events from Fellner's personal life including visits to Cuba and Mifflin Street Block Parties.
The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1959-1980, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1960-1983, which include taped interviews conducted by Fellner while researching a proposed book on Madison attorney Edward Ben Elson as well as additional FBI files obtained by Fellner under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Armstrong, Karleton Lewis.
- De Antonio, Emile, -- 1919-1989.
- Elson, Edward Ben.
- Goldberg, Harvey, -- 1923-1987.
- Kastenmeier, Robert.
- Kunstler, William M. -- (William Moses), -- 1919-1995.
- Soglin, Paul.
- Steinberg, Oliver.
- Madison (Wis.). -- Police Department.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Mathematics Research Center (United States. Army)
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Weather Underground Organization.
- Youth International Party.
- Political crimes and offenses -- Investigation -- United States.
- Students -- Political activity -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Underground press publications -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Wisconsin -- Madison.
- Madison (Wis.)
- Madison (Wis.) -- Politics and government.
- Take Over (Madison, Wis.)