Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Addison Baker; W Michael Blumenthal; Arthur F Burns; Jimmy Carter; Phil Donahue; Robert F Drinan; Burton M Joseph; Ed Koch; Daniel P Moynihan; Ralph Nader; William Proxmire; Elliot L Richardson; Benjamin S Rosenthal; Irving S Shapiro; William E Simon; Adlai E Stevenson; Cyrus R Vance; Harrison A Williams|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Irving S Shapiro
|Notes:||These records are located in off-site storage. Please allow 48 hours notice for delivery.|
|Description:||5 linear ft.|
The first file consists entirely of letters of congratulation written to Shapiro on the occasions of his several promotions.
The second file concerns Shapiro's activities in opposing the attempt by Arab nations to enforce a boycott of companies doing business with the State of Israel. The file includes letters, minutes and reports generated by this effort, along with the speeches of prominent legislators and cabinet officers in support of various anti-boycott bills.
The third file documents Shapiro's handling of the merger of Christiana Securities Company into Du Pont. It includes reports by leading investment bankers engaged to compute an equitable exchange ratio for the two firms' stock and a 996-page transcript of the merger hearings before the Securities & Exchange Commission.
The fourth file contains newsclippings and magazine articles dealing with Shapiro's activities and with the evolution of Du Pont under his management. It includes transcripts of two oral history interviews with Shapiro, one for the American Jewish Committee and one by Morgan, Stanley & Co.
The fifth file deals with Shapiro's appearance on the Donahue show in 1980 and consists primarily of letters from viewers along with Shapiro's replies.
The sixth file deals with the Du Pont Company's response to the book "The Company State" prepared by Ralph Nader's staff. The file contains position papers and background reports collected for use in answering queries from stockholders, citizens and the press and in countering Nader's charges.
- Baker, James Addison, -- 1930-
- Blumenthal, W. Michael, -- 1926-
- Burns, Arthur F. -- (Arthur Frank), -- 1904-1987.
- Carter, Jimmy, -- 1924-
- Donahue, Phil.
- Drinan, Robert F.
- Joseph, Burton M., -- 1921- .
- Koch, Ed, -- 1924-2013.
- Moynihan, Daniel P. -- (Daniel Patrick), -- 1927-2003.
- Nader, Ralph.
- Proxmire, William.
- Richardson, Elliot L., -- 1920-1999.
- Rosenthal, Benjamin S.
- Shapiro, Irving S.
- Simon, William E., -- 1927-2000.
- Stevenson, Adlai E. -- (Adlai Ewing), -- 1930- .
- Vance, Cyrus R. -- (Cyrus Roberts), -- 1917-2002.
- Williams, Harrison A.
- American Jewish Committee.
- B'nai B'rith. -- Anti-defamation League.
- Business Roundtable.
- Christiana Securities Company.
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company.
- First Boston Corporation.
- Kidder, Peabody & Co.
- Morgan Stanley & Co.
- United States. -- Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Company state.
- Donahue (Television program)
- Anti-Jewish boycotts.
- Business and state.
- Executives -- Interviews.
- Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Merger and consolidation of corporations.