|提及的人：||Marcus Tullius Cicero; Horace.; Titus Lucretius Carus; Nicholas Murray Butler; Gonzalez Lodge; Frank A Patterson; E G Sihler; Robert Glenn McCrea|
Nelson Glenn McCrea
|描述：||ca. 350 items (3 boxes)|
Papers of McCrea containing manuscripts of his addresses and essays on classical themes and on specific Latin authors including Cicero, Horace, and Lucretius. There is an unpublished book manuscript in various stages of completition entitled, "Cicero as Philosopher." Letters to McCrea from Nicholas Murray Butler, Gonzalez Lodge, Frank A. Patterson, and Ernest G. Sihler, dealing with university and academic matters. In addition to some family documents and six photographs of McCrea, there are twelve folders of essays and themes written for Columbia College classes by a relative, Robert Glenn McCrea, who received his A.B. degree in 1896. Also a group of term papers submitted to McCrea, a grade book for Latin courses, and exam questions prepared by McCrea for M.A. and Ph.D. candidates.
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius.
- Lucretius Carus, Titus.
- Butler, Nicholas Murray, -- 1862-1947.
- Lodge, Gonzalez, -- 1863-1942.
- Patterson, Frank A.
- Sihler, E. G. -- (Ernest Gottlieb), -- 1853-1942.
- McCrea, Robert Glenn.
- Columbia University -- Faculty.
- Columbia College (New York, N.Y.) -- Students.
- Columbia University -- Administration.
- Latin language -- Study and teaching.
- Latin literature -- Study and teaching.
- Authors, Latin.