Drafts (preliminary versions)
|関連の人物：||Newell Kay Brown; Douglas Burden; Frank Capra; Theodosius Dobzhansky; W Averell Harriman; Kathleen Harris; Julian Huxley; Charles A Lindbergh; Douglas MacArthur; George C Marshall; J Robert Oppenheimer; Wm Church Osborn; John D Rockefeller; John D Rockefeller, IV; Nelson A Rockefeller; Eleanor Roosevelt; Franklin D Roosevelt; Dean Rusk; Bertrand Russell; Harry S Truman; Cyrus R Vance|
|注記：||For a description of the American Eugenics Society Archives housed in the American Philosophical Society Library, see PAAV86-A26.|
|物理形態：||ca. 6000 items (9 linear ft.)|
There is significant material (letters, diaries, reports) related to Osborn's World War II contributions as the chairman of the Civilian Committee on Selective Service in 1940, and as head of the Morale Branch of the U.S. Army (later, the Information and Education Division of Special Services) in 1941. Also included are important documents, especially his diary, from his work as deputy representative on the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission and the U.N. Commission for Conventional Armaments.
His letters, writings, and speeches relating to foreign policy are extensive, spanning the period from the 1940s until his death, much of it from the Vietnam War years. The correspondence with Kathleen Harris is particularly rich in this respect.
There is family correspondence reflecting his dynamic philosophy of life, with long series of letters to his parents (1917-1945) and to his children and grandchildren.
His later civic and regional interests, as a long-time resident of Garrison, N.Y., are evidenced in the work he did on the Palisades Interstate Park Commission.
- Brown, Newell Kay, -- 1932-
- Burden, Douglas.
- Capra, Frank, -- 1897-1991.
- Dobzhansky, Theodosius, -- 1900-1975.
- Harriman, W. Averell -- (William Averell), -- 1891-1986.
- Harris, Kathleen.
- Huxley, Julian, -- 1887-1975.
- Lindbergh, Charles A. -- (Charles Augustus), -- 1902-1974.
- MacArthur, Douglas, -- 1880-1964.
- Marshall, George C. -- (George Catlett), -- 1880-1959.
- Oppenheimer, J. Robert, -- 1904-1967.
- Osborn, Wm. Church -- (William Church), -- 1862-1951.
- Rockefeller, John D. -- (John Davison), -- 1839-1937.
- Rockefeller, John D., -- IV -- (John Davison), -- 1937-
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, -- 1884-1962.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Rusk, Dean, -- 1909-1994.
- Russell, Bertrand, -- 1872-1970.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972.
- Vance, Cyrus R. -- (Cyrus Roberts), -- 1917-2002.
- American Eugenics Society.
- American Museum of Natural History.
- American Red Cross.
- Civilian Committee on Selective Service.
- Palisades Interstate Park Commission.
- United Nations. -- Commission for Conventional Armaments.
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- United States. -- Army. -- Information and Education Division.
- Human genetics.
- Parks -- New York.
- Population genetics.