Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Trials, litigation, etc
|Named Person:||William Bradford Huie; Emmett Till; J W Milam; Ruby McCollum; William Bradford Huie; Ruby McCollum; J W Milam; Emmett Till|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Bradford Huie; Ruby McCollum; Zora Neale Hurston; John F Kennedy; Estes Kefauver; Earl Warren; H L Mencken
|Notes:||Gift of Martha Hunt Huie.
Also known as: William Bradford Huie collection.
|Description:||ca. 20 linear ft.|
|Other Titles:||William Bradford Huie papers
William Bradford Huie collection
Contains sound recordings of Huie's interviews with notable public figures for the CBS news television series Chronoscope, including interviews with John F. Kennedy, Estes Kefauver and Earl Warren discussing from the 1950's; also audiocassette tapes of Huie and others various topics. Includes financial records, correspondence, photographs, diaries, scrapbooks and miscellaneous materials pertaining to personal and family matters. The collection also contains 25 original, signed typescript letters from H.L. Mencken to various individuals concerning editorial matters and dating from 1928 to 1947.
- Huie, William Bradford, -- 1910-1986 -- Archives.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Racism -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Southern States -- Race relations.
- Civil rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Till, Emmett, -- 1941-1955.
- Milam, J. W. -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- McCollum, Ruby.
- Huie, William Bradford, -- 1910-1986.
- Milam, J. W.
- Authors, American.
- Civil rights.
- Race relations.
- Southern States.
- United States.