|提及的人：||Harold Clurman; Aaron Copland; David Diamond; Lawrence Durrell; Anne Fremantle; John Kenneth Galbraith; Shirley Hazzard; Granville Hicks; Anthony Hopkins; Robert Maynard Hutchins; Christopher Isherwood; Jacob K Javits; Karl Jung; Elia Kazan; Louis Kronenberger; Stanley Kunitz; Max Lerner; Marian MacDowell; Marshall McLuhan; Henry Miller; Czesław Miłosz; Daniel P Moynihan; Georgia O'Keeffe; Nicolas Slonimsky; Francis Steegmuller; Hazel Strand; Paul Strand; Virgil Thomson; Diana Trilling; Peter Viereck; Thornton Wilder|
|注意：||Books from the library of Gerald Sykes inscribed to him and with his notes are shelved on Stack 15, Cage 21, Range 7A.|
|描述：||41 linear ft. (ca.9,150 items in 56 boxes, 155 volumes, & 1 oversize folder).|
Correspondence, manuscripts, notes, notebooks, documents, photographs, course-related materials, and printed materials. The manuscripts include typescripts of Sykes' published and unpublished novels, monographs, plays, short stories, and articles. Among these are THE PERENNIAL AVANTGARDE, THE COOL MILLENNIUM, and THE HIDDEN REMNANT. Sykes' notes and notebooks span the period from the early 1930s to 1980, and include preliminary ideas and sketches for his books, as well as autobiographical material. A small number of documents concern Sykes' wartime work in the U.S. Government Office of War Information. Course-related material including writings and correspondence of students taught by Sykes between 1962 and 1975 at the New School and as an adjunct professor at Columbia University. Printed materials consist of numerous reviews of Sykes' books, in addition to offprints and articles by Sykes. Included as well are printed materials about or connected with Sykes, offprints of articles inscribed to him, and many volumes from his library. The substantial correspondence series includes personal letters and correspondence with agents and publishers relating to his books. Correspondents include Harold Clurman, Aaron Copland, Lawrence Durrell, Georgia O'Keeffe, and Francis Steegmuller, as well as a number of Sykes' students. There is extensive correspondence between Sykes and the artist John Hartell from 1927 to 1983.
- Clurman, Harold, -- 1901-1980.
- Copland, Aaron, -- 1900-1990.
- Diamond, David, -- 1915-2005.
- Durrell, Lawrence.
- Fremantle, Anne, -- 1909-2002.
- Galbraith, John Kenneth, -- 1908-2006.
- Hazzard, Shirley, -- 1931-
- Hicks, Granville, -- 1901-1982.
- Hopkins, Anthony, -- 1937-
- Hutchins, Robert Maynard, -- 1899-1977.
- Isherwood, Christopher, -- 1904-1986.
- Javits, Jacob K. -- (Jacob Koppel), -- 1904-1986.
- Jung, Karl, -- 1902-
- Kazan, Elia.
- Kronenberger, Louis, -- 1904-1980.
- Kunitz, Stanley, -- 1905-2006.
- Lerner, Max, -- 1902-1992.
- MacDowell, Marian, -- 1857-1956.
- McLuhan, Marshall, -- 1911-1980.
- Miller, Henry, -- 1891-1980.
- Miłosz, Czesław.
- Moynihan, Daniel P. -- (Daniel Patrick), -- 1927-2003.
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, -- 1887-1986.
- Slonimsky, Nicolas, -- 1894-1995.
- Steegmuller, Francis, -- 1906-1994.
- Strand, Hazel.
- Strand, Paul, -- 1890-1976.
- Thomson, Virgil, -- 1896-1989.
- Trilling, Diana.
- Viereck, Peter, -- 1916-2006.
- Wilder, Thornton, -- 1897-1975.
- United States. -- Office of War Information.
- Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions.
- Columbia University.
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
- American literature -- 20th century.
- Books -- Reviews.
- Fiction -- Technique.
- Interpersonal relations -- Study and teaching.
- Motion picture plays.
- Social psychology -- Study and teaching.
- Sociology -- Study and teaching.
- Television plays.