Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ruth Benedict; Franz Boas; George Herzog; A L Kroeber; Ralph Linton; Julian Haynes Steward; William Duncan Strong; Charles Wagley; Gene Weltfish; Leslie A White|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Shedrick Willis
|Description:||ca. 7000 items (7 linear ft.).|
Of special note are the lecture materials. There are notes on the the courses he taught in anthropology, history of anthropology, and black studies at S.M.U. and at summer sessions at Columbia University during the 1960s and 1970s. Of even greater value are the detailed course notes that he kept from anthropology lectures he attended at Columbia University during the 1940s and 1950s. There are lectures of Ruth Benedict, George Herzog, Alfred L. Kroeber, Ralph Linton, Julian Steward, William Duncan Strong, Charles Wagley, Gene Weltfish, and Leslie White. There is also material relating to his participation in the "Odyssey" television series on Franz Boas, drafts of articles and finished papers, and also letters of condolence upon his death.
- Benedict, Ruth, -- 1887-1948.
- Boas, Franz, -- 1858-1942.
- Herzog, George, -- 1901- .
- Kroeber, A. L. -- (Alfred Louis), -- 1876-1960.
- Linton, Ralph, -- 1893-1953.
- Steward, Julian Haynes, -- 1902-1972.
- Strong, William Duncan, -- 1899-1962.
- Wagley, Charles, -- 1913-.
- Weltfish, Gene, -- 1902-1980.
- White, Leslie A., -- 1900-1975.
- Columbia University -- Faculty.
- Columbia University -- Students.
- Southern Medthodist University -- Faculty.
- African Americans -- Study and teaching.
- Anthropology -- History.