Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William J Baumol; William J Baumol; William J Baumol; Frank Hahn; Friedrich A von Hayek; John Hicks; Gary S Becker; Milton Friedman; Paul A Samuelson; Don Patinkin|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William J Baumol
|Notes:||Fully processed collection. Later accessions (01-169, 01-170, 02-225) may not be fully processed. Some of the materials in this collection are not immediately accessible, because they require further processing before use. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the Special Collections Library to use this collection.
Cataloged from inventory and accession records.
|Description:||56475 items (72.2 lin. ft.)|
Correspondents and chief protagonists during Baumol's long career represent many famous names of 20th-century economists, including Don Patinkin, Frank Hahn, Friederich Hayek, and Sir John Hicks; and future Nobel prize winners G.S. Becker, Milton Friedman, and Paul Samuelson. Other topics include antitrust investigations with the Federal Communications Commission, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the Interstate Commerce Commission; welfare economics; monetary policy; labor economics; industrial productivity; rates for electric, railroad, and telephone companies; finance of the performing arts and public education; and environmental policy.
The addition (01-169) (11825 items, 19.20 linear feet, dated 1964-1995 and n.d.) contains professional papers including correspondence, reviews, consulting files, lecture notes, drafts of writings, grant files, and three black-and-white transparencies. Revisions of Baumol's writings on productivity and his books ECONOMICS: PRINCIPLES AND POLICY and PRODUCTIVITY AND AMERICAN LEADERSHIP: THE LONG VIEW are represented among the drafts.
The addition (01-170) (2000 items, 5 linear feet, dated 1974-1990) holds files containing or regarding reviews, recommendations, proposals, engagements, and other correspondence. Subjects include the World Resources Institute, the Eastern Economic Association, and the manuscript of "On Finances of the Performing Arts during Stagflation." There are also 114 floppy disks of graphs and texts for writings by Baumol as well as one reel-to-reel audiotape.
The addition (02-225) (1800 items, 1.5 linear feet; dated 1981-1991) contains primarily correspondence. Box 1 holds material dated 1985-1986, box 2 contains material dated 1987-1988, box 3 holds material dated 1988 and 1990. In box 3 there are also files from a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services retirement income security policy study group (1981).
- Baumol, William J.
- Baumol, William J. -- Productivity and American leadership.
- Baumol, William J. -- Economics, principles and policy.
- Hahn, Frank.
- Hayek, Friedrich A. von -- (Friedrich August), -- 1899-1992.
- Hicks, John, -- 1904-1989.
- Becker, Gary S. -- (Gary Stanley), -- 1930-2014.
- Friedman, Milton, -- 1912-2006.
- Samuelson, Paul A. -- (Paul Anthony), -- 1915-2009.
- Patinkin, Don.
- United States. -- Interstate Commerce Commission.
- United States. -- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- United States. -- Federal Communications Commission.
- World Resources Institute.
- Eastern Economic Association (U.S.)
- Economists -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Welfare economics.
- Distributive justice.
- Electric utilities -- Rates.
- Railroad companies -- Rates.
- Performing arts -- Finance.
- Monetary policy.
- Retirement -- Economic aspects.
- Telephone companies -- Rates.
- Industrial productivity.
- Antitrust investigations -- United States.
- Labor economics.
- Education -- Finance.
- Public utilities -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Environmental policy -- Economic aspects.