Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Taylor family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Winthrop family.; Daniel Schambert; Mary T Smith; Charles Francis Winthrop; Eugene Winthrop; Francis Bayard Winthrop; Frederick Winthrop; Grenville Winthrop; James Winthrop; John Winthrop; Margaret Tyndal Winthrop; Robert C Winthrop; Robert Dudley Winthrop; Thomas Charles Winthrop
|Description:||2 boxes and 1 oversize box.|
(Cont) Also, a series of Civil War letters from Frederick Winthrop, describing his activities with the 12th U.S. Infantry and the 5th N.Y. Volunteers in the battles of Fair Oaks and Spotsylvania, and the campaigns of North Anna River, Totopotomoy Creek, Cold Harbor, Petersburg, and Sherman's March to the Sea. A letter written by a Daniel Schambert describes the Battle of Ball's Bluff.
- Taylor family.
- United States. -- Army. -- New York Infantry Regiment, 5th Volunteers (1861-1865)
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1865)
- Ball's Bluff, Battle of, Va., 1861.
- Fair Oaks, Battle of, Va., 1862.
- Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871.
- Inventories of decedents' estates.
- Sherman's March to the Sea.
- Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va., 1864.
- Paris (France) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.