David K Lewis
|ISBN:||0521582474 9780521582476 0521587883 9780521587884|
|描述：||234 p. ; 22 cm.|
|内容：||1. Adverbs of quantification --
2. Index, context, and content --
3. 'Whether' report --
4. Probabilities of conditionals and conditional probabilities II --
5. Intensional logics without iterative axioms --
6. Ordering semantics and premise semantics for counterfactuals --
7. Logic for equivocators --
8. Relevant implication --
9. Statements partly about observation --
10. Ayer's first empiricist criterion of meaning: why does it fail? --
11. Analog and digital --
12. Lucas against mechanism --
13. Lucas against mechanism II --
14. Policing the Aufbau --
15. Finitude and infinitude in the atomic calculus of individuals / David K. Lewis and Wilfrid Hodges --
16. Nominalistic set theory --
17. Mathematics is megethology.
|丛书名：||Cambridge studies in philosophy.|
This is part of a three-volume collection of most of David Lewis's papers in philosophy, except for those which previously appeared in his Philosophical Papers (Oxford University Press, 1983 and 1986). They are now offered in a readily accessible form. This first volume is devoted to Lewis's work in philosophical logic. Topics covered include the formal semantics of natural languages; model-theoretic investigations of intensional logic; contradiction and relevance, the distinction between analog and digital representation; attempts to draw anti-mechanistic conclusions from Godel's theorem; Carnap's Aufbau; mereology and its relationship to set theory. The purpose of this collection, and the two volumes to follow, is to disseminate more widely the work of an eminent and influential contemporary philosopher. The volume will serve as a useful work of reference for teachers and students of philosophy.
- Logic, Symbolic and mathematical.
- Logique symbolique et mathématique.
- Langage et logique.
- Philosophie de la logique.
- Logic, Symbolic and mathematical