Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Trials, litigation, etc
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Ada Pyne Bankhead; Asa Hume; Richard Payne Stewart; Thomas E Digges; J S White, Mrs.; H G Garrett; James Johnston; William H Cocke; Isaac W Darrett; James Woods|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ada Pyne Bankhead; Asa Hume; Richard Payne Stewart; Thomas E Digges; J S White, Mrs; H G Garrett; James Johnston; Isaac W Darrett; James Woods; Confederate States of America. War Department.
Also include two letters, 1865, from Mrs. J.S. White to her granddaughter, concerning interaction with Union soldiers, slaves' abandonment of the household, and social news.
Also include will, 1805, of James Johnston of Isle of Wight County, Va., and will, 1823, of William H. Cocke, of Isle of Wight County, Va.; bill of sale, 1829, of slaves of Isaac W. Darrett of Albemarle County, Va., to James Woods, Nelson County, Va.; invitation, 1864, to ball given by Lee's Cavalry Division; and safe conduct pass, 1865, issued by Confederate States of America War Department.
- Bankhead, Ada Pyne.
- Hume, Asa -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Stewart, Richard Payne.
- Digges, Thomas E.
- White, J. S., -- Mrs.
- Garrett, H. G.
- Johnston, James.
- Cocke, William H.
- Darrett, Isaac W.
- Woods, James.
- Confederate States of America. -- War Department -- Records and correspondence.
- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Fugitive slaves -- Virginia.
- Southern States -- Description and travel.
- Slaves -- Employment -- Virginia.
- Slave bills of sale -- Virginia.
- Cotton growing -- Mississippi -- History -- 19th century.
- Courtship -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century.