Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Browne; Wesley N Gould; Andrew J Guise; Walter H Harrison; Bradley T Johnson; Thomas Johnson; Frederick W Stockton; Johnson family.; Rutherfoord family.; Saunders family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Bradley T Johnson; Henry Adams; Maria Tyler Belt; Jefferson Davis; Jubal Anderson Early; Wade Hampton; Jedediah Hotchkiss; Stonewall Jackson; B Saunders Johnson; Eleanor Murdock Tyler Johnson; Jane Claudia Saunders Johnson; Thomas Johnson; Joseph E Johnston; Fitzhugh Lee
There is also much material pertaining to Johnson's formation of the First Maryland Regiment, Confederate States of America, "The Maryland Line," and its affairs during the Civil War and afterwards as a veterans' organization. Representing Johnson's later years are papers concerning his Baltimore, Md., law practice and his interests in the Jordan Mountain Manganese Mining Company, Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada, for which he acted as attorney and secretary.
The papers also contain personal correspondence of the Rutherfoord and Saunders families, with letters by John C. Rutherfoord and Bradley T. Johnson's son, B. Saunders Johnson, to their families while the two were students at the University of Virginia around the time of the Civil War.
Items of particular interest include: copies of letters from George Washington to Thomas Johnson regarding Johnson's appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court; and letters to Bradley T. Johnson from Jubal A. Early, Joseph E. Johnston, Stonewall Jackson, Jefferson Davis, Wade Hampton, J.S. Mosby, Fitzhugh Lee, Henry Adams, and Theodore Roosevelt.
- Browne, John, -- active 1887-1889.
- Gould, Wesley N., -- active 1887-1889.
- Guise, Andrew J., -- active 1887-1889.
- Harrison, Walter H., -- active 1887-1892.
- Johnson, Bradley T. -- (Bradley Tyler), -- 1829-1903.
- Johnson, Thomas, -- 1732-1819.
- Stockton, Frederick W., -- 1887-1889.
- Johnson family.
- Rutherfoord family.
- Saunders family.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army.
- Jordan Mountain Manganese Mining Company (N.B.)
- W.C. Pope and Company.
- Manganese mines and mining -- New Brunswick.
- Manganese mines and mining -- Virginia -- Crimora.