Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles E Moran|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles E Moran; B J Chandler; S Ward Douglas; Paul E Drost; Sarah-Patton Boyle; Andrea Eisenberg; Offender Aid & Restoration of Charlottesville-Albemarle, Inc.
|Notes:||Typescript, near print and print.|
|Other Titles:||OAR volunteer's book.|
With the OAR papers are papers, 1955, of the Charlottesville Committee for the Preservation of Public Schools (Save our Schools), which include lists of active members and sympathetic citizens, articles; Plan for preservation of Virginia's public schools by B.J. Chandler and Douglas S. Ward, Virginia needs integration by Paul E. Dorst, Feed my sheep by Sarah Patton Boyle as well as a t.v. panel discussion script and broadsides regarding the calling of a convention to amend the constitution to allow public funds to be used for private education, a feature of the Gray plan.
Supplementing the collection is a college history paper, 1976, Towards a token integration, Charlottesville, Va. 1959 by Andrea Eisenberg.
- Moran, Charles E., -- 1913-2002.
- Offender Aid & Restoration of Charlottesville-Albemarle, Inc.
- Charlottesville Committee for the Preservation of Public Schools.
- Gray Comission.
- Massive resistance.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Blacks -- Civil rights.
- Prisons -- Missions and charities.
- Prisoners -- Virginia.
- Criminals -- Rehabilitation.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation.
- Social work with juvenile delinquents.
- Social work with criminals.