Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Buffalo Bill; Charles King; Charles King; Charles King; Charles King; Charles King|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles King; Rufus King; S S McClure; John S Phillips; William H Rideing; J M Stoddart; Hector Tyndale; Press Supply Association.
|Notes:||Forms part of the Clifton Waller Barrett Library.|
Correspondence also discusses proposed subjects; payment, including requests for advances; progress of his work; copyright violation; his character, Billy Ray; his opinion on the value of a college education for a businessman; his health, family, and travels; the Koloa Kodak Klub; his use of his Kodak camera; Greek letter societies; and "Buffalo Bill" Cody; and the transcript of a letter, 1863 July 7, from Rufus King to Hector Tyndale re the surrender at Vicksburg.
There is also a notation, "Owen Meredith's Lucile," signed by King with a printed biography of King mounted on notepaper, an article from the Milwaukee "Sentinel" re "Campaigning with Crook," and a magazine photograph of King.
The correspondents include C. Graham Bacon, W.J. Dornuf, D.S. Farrington, E.S. Goodhue, Charles T. Howard, Rufus King, J. Herbert Low, Samuel Sidney McClure, Mr. Moorhead, Howes Norris, Jr., John Sanborn Phillips, the Press Supply Association, William H. Rideing, Vincent Starret, Joseph Marshall Stoddart, Miss Storr, Hector Tyndale, and J.W. Weidemeyer.
- Alcohol -- Physiological effect.
- Authors -- Salaries, etc.
- Authors and publishers.
- Buffalo Bill, -- 1846-1917.
- Business education.
- Copyright infringement.
- Greek letter societies.
- King, Charles, -- 1844-1933. -- Campaigning with Crook.
- King, Charles, -- 1844-1933 -- Characters.
- King, Charles, -- 1844-1933. -- Deserter.
- King, Charles, -- 1844-1933 -- Portraits.
- King, Charles, -- 1844-1933. -- Queen of bedlam.
- Kodak camera.
- Koloa Kodak Klub.
- Lippincott's magazine.
- McClure's magazine.
- Milwaukee sentinel.
- Photography -- Equipment and supplies.
- Photography -- Societies.
- Tobacco use.
- United States. -- Army. -- Cavalry, 7th.
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863.
- Youth's companion.
- Authors -- Pensions.