Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edward C Pickering; Edward Pickering; William H Pickering; Pickering family.|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward C Pickering
|Description:||5 linear ft. of mss|
Correspondence includes letterpress copybooks and other personal letters, 1850-1883; official correspondence, 1911-1922, with Harvard committees and socities; and family material including estate papers, 1886-1918. Notebooks include diary, 1910, of trip to Pasadena for meeting of Solar Union; scrapbook of engravings of original ink and pencil drawings (some apparently by William H. and Edward Pickering) illustrating Boston buildings; information about farmers magnetic electric machine; other scrapbooks with clippings on astronomy; and notebook, 1877, of observations mainly from mountains and other points in New England. Also manuscript of autobiography, personal notebook, diplomas, will, photographs, and other memorabilia. Related publications and reference material also available in repository.
- Pickering, Edward C. -- (Edward Charles), -- 1846-1919.
- Pickering, Edward.
- Pickering, William H. -- (William Henry), -- 1858-
- Pickering family.
- Harvard College Observatory -- Faculty.
- Solar Union.
- Astronomy -- Observations.
- Astronomy -- New England.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Harvard University -- Astronomy.
- Harvard University -- Faculty member.