Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||T H Chivers; John Neal; Edward Coote Pinkney; Edward Coote Pinkney; Georgiana Pinkney; William Pinkney; William Pinkney; Charles Goodwin Ridgely|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward Coote Pinkney; Nelson Frederick Adkins; Thomas Ollive Mabbott; Lewis Nathaniel Chase; F L Pleadwell; Joseph Robinson; Smith Thompson; Lawrence C Wroth
|Notes:||Forms part of the Clifton Waller Barrett Library.|
|Reproduction Notes:||The collection was assembled by editor Frank L. Pleadwell and consists chiefly of copies of Pinkney material together with a few original items.|
The collection also contains manuscripts of the poem "The Lady's song" about the death of a loved one; a poem beginning "I know that perfect self-esteem ... ;" and a facsimile of a portion of "Rodolph."
In correspondence (typed and photocopies) Pinkney acknowledges an error in conduct towards Captain Charles G. Ridgely, reports for military duty, sends poems for publication, requests to send written deposition rather than travel to a court-martial, and submits papers in a larceny case.
Georgiana McCausland Pinkney's album contains poems by Pinkney, magazine photographs of Pinkney and his father, verses attributed to T.H. Chivers, and a clipping of an article by Lewis Chase on Chivers.
There are also photocopies of a clemency appeal to the Governor of Maryland, Pinkney's obituary, a Pinkney crest, and an 1828 new year's greeting to subscribers of The Marylander.
Modern correspondence discusses Thomas Ollive Mabbott's and Frank Pleadwell's biography of Pinkney and the possibility that a poem in Pinkney's album signed "C" is by T.H. Chivers.
- Chivers, T. H. -- (Thomas Holley), -- 1809-1858.
- Neal, John, -- 1793-1876. -- Randolph, a novel.
- Pinkney, Edward Coote, -- 1802-1828 -- Portraits.
- Pinkney, Edward Coote, -- 1802-1828. -- Life and works of Edward Coote Pinkney; a memoir and complete text of his poems and literary prose, including much never before published.
- Pinkney, Georgiana, -- active 1824.
- Pinkney, William, -- 1764-1822.
- Pinkney, William, -- 1764-1822 -- Portraits.
- Ridgely, Charles Goodwin, -- 1784-1848.
- Authors and publishers.
- Death in literature.
- Baltimore (Md.)
- Courts-martial and courts of inquiry.
- Insubordination -- United States.
- New Year cards -- Maryland -- Baltimore.