Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edward Grimsley; Edward Grimsley; A Linwood Holton; Henry E Howell; Jesse Jackson; John W Warner; Doug Wilder|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward Grimsley; Spiro T Agnew; George Allen; William Lester Armstrong; Gerald L Baliles; Thomas J Bliley; Patrick J Buchanan; George Bush; Harry F Byrd, Jr.; Jimmy Carter; John N Dalton; Mills E Godwin; Phil Gramm; Albertis S Harrison; Elise B Heinz; A Linwood Holton; Henry E Howell; Richard M Nixon; Lewis F Powell; Dan Quayle; J Sargeant Reynolds; Charles S Robb; William B Spong; Paul Trible; Vivian E Watts
|Description:||4000 (approximately) items|
|Other Titles:||J. Edward Grimsley papers|
Much of the correspondence concerns editorials and columns written by Grimsley, especially the "Metronome." Other topics include the Times-Dispatch editorial board, contests, invitations, letters of appreciation and congratulations, and the Forum Club. There is also a small file of personal correspondence.
A political V.I.P. file contains letters (some copies) from Spiro Agnew, George Allen, William L. Armstrong, Gerald Baliles, Thomas J. Bliley, Jr., Pat Buchanan, George H.W. Bush, Harry F. Byrd, Jr., Jimmy Carter, John Dalton, Mills Godwin, Jr., Phil Gramm, Albertis S. Harrison, Jr., Elise B. Heinz, Linwood Holton, Henry E. Holwell, Jr., Richard Nixon, Lewis F. Powell, Jr., Dan Quayle, J. Sergeant Reynolds, Charles S. Robb, William B. Spong, Jr., Paul S. Trible, Jr., and Vivian E. Watts.
Subject files (chiefly small and containing few items) include A.H. Robins and the Dalkon shield controversy, campus unrest, Center for the Study of the President, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, crime and gun control, the environent, Hampden-Sydney, Linwood Holton, Henry Howell, a trip to Israel, Jesse Jackson, the Junior League of Richmond, Longwood College, the Virginia lottery, race relations, school desegregation and busing, South Africa, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia Military Institute, John Warner, Washington and Lee University, L. Douglas Wilder, and William and Mary.
Also included is prepublication and research material for his book "First, Let's Kill all the Humorists."
- Grimsley, Edward.
- Grimsley, Edward. -- First lets kill all the humorists.
- Holton, A. Linwood -- (Abner Linwood), -- 1923-
- Howell, Henry E. -- (Henry Evans), -- 1920-1997.
- Jackson, Jesse, -- 1941-
- Warner, John W., -- 1927-
- Wilder, Doug.
- A.H. Robins Company.
- Center for the Study of the Presidency.
- College of William and Mary.
- Forum Club (Richmond, Va.)
- Hampden-Sydney College.
- Junior League of Richmond.
- Longwood College.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Virginia Military Institute.
- Washington and Lee University.
- Richmond times-dispatch.
- Busing for school integration -- Virginia.
- College students.
- Dalkon Shield (Intrauterine contraceptive)
- Editors -- Virginia -- Richmond.
- Environmental responsibility -- Virginia.
- Gun control.
- Lotteries -- Virginia.
- Newspaper editors -- Virginia.
- Race relations.
- School integration -- Virginia.
- Israel -- Description and travel.
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1951-