Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Business interests are represented by correspondence and papers pertinent to the American Animal Tether Company, the Chicago Town Company of Virginia, the Pittsburgh and Virginia Railroad Company, the Rockbridge Company, and the South Boston Improvement Company.
There is some material, chiefly financial and legal documents, of the Lee and related Mason family ancestors including Northern Neck land grants and a deed of gift for a slave, as well as a diary of Mrs. Sidney Smith Lee.
Among items of interest are an 1859 report by Earl Van Dorn on a skirmish with Commanches, confidential communications of Lee, Robert E. Lee and Jeb Stuart including telegrams to Stuart before Yellow Tavern, Fitzhugh Lee's report on the Appomattox campaign, letters regarding events of the Cuban revolution including the Isle of Pines uprising, the U.S.S. Maine, and an incident involving General Shafter, and a letter from a former driver offering to serve in the Spanish American War.
- Lee family.
- Mason family.
- Longstreet, James, -- 1821-1904.
- Shafter, William Rufus, -- 1835-1906.
- American Animal Tether Company.
- Chicago Town Company of Virginia.
- Pittsburgh and Virginia Railroad Company.
- Rockbridge Company.
- South Boston Improvement Company.
- Virginia. -- Governor (1886-1890 : Lee)
- White Sulphur Springs Company.
- Comanche Indians -- Wars, 1859-1860.
- Cuba -- History -- Revolution, 1895-1898.
- Appomattox Campaign, 1865.
- Five Forks, Battle of, Va., 1865.
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863.
- Maine (Battleship)
- Sabine Pass, Battle of, Tex., 1863.
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1864 (August-November)
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- Women -- Virginia -- Diaries.
- Yellow Tavern (Va.), Battle of, 1864.
- Isla de Pinos (Cuba)
- South Boston (Va.) -- Maps.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- African Americans.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Anecdotes.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Cavalry operations.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.