Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Of interest within these groups are an exchange of letters with Dean Rusk, W. Averell Harriman, C.L. Sulzberger, and other editors of the New York Times in which Nolting challenges some of the U.S. policy strategies of the 1961-1963 Vietnam experience; copies of State Dept. declassified documents revealing the day-to-day actions that led to a major shift in U.S. relations with the Vietnam government and the resulting overthrow and death of President Diem; and photographs of many of the key personnel in those actions.
Also of interest are Nolting's journal, March to November, 1944, as armed guard commander, Liberty Ship S.S. Roger Williams; records of the Nolting family involvement in the restoration and preservation of the historic Sully plantation in Chantilly, Fairfax County, Virginia, and a student paper Nolting wrote for Bertrand Russell with Russell's comments on it.
Major correspondents or writers of a few letters of interest include Dean Acheson, Charles F. Baldwin, Harry F. Byrd, Jr., William E. Colby, Virginius Dabney, Elbridge Durbrow, Harry D. Felt, John Kenneth Galbraith, Roswell L. Gilpatric, Joseph A. Hagan, Paul D. Harkins, W. Averell Harriman, Frank L. Hereford, Jr., Marguerite Higgins, Ivan Hill, U. Alexis Johnson, Boyce Loving, Robert H. McBride, Frank McCarthy, Madame Nguyen Dinh Thuan, John D. Rockfeller III, Dean Rusk, Oliver Jackson Sands, Jr., C.L. Sulzberger, Maxwell D. Taylor, William C. Trueheart, Sully curator Robert E. Wagstaff, and Murat W. Williams.
Correspondents represented by routine or brief cordial letters to Nolting include Rudy Abramson, Omar Bradley, Hodding Carter III, Colgate W. Darden, John Foster Dulles, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson, John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Edward G. Lansdale, Walter Lippmann, L.L. Lemnitzer, Dumas Malone, Robert S. McNamara, Edward R. Murrow, Richard M. Nixon, Rouhollah K. Ramazini, Bertrand Russell, Edgar F. Shannon, Francis Cardinal Spellman, Harold E. Stassen, and Edward R. Stettinius.
- Harriman, W. Averell -- (William Averell), -- 1891-1986 -- Portraits.
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, -- Jr., -- 1902-1985.
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, -- Jr., -- 1902-1985 -- Portraits.
- Ngô, Đình Diệm, -- 1901-1963.
- Ngô, Đình Diệm, -- 1901-1963 -- Portraits.
- Nolting, Frederick. -- From trust to tragedy.
- Nolting, Frederick -- Portraits.
- Taylor, Maxwell D. -- (Maxwell Davenport), -- 1901-1987 -- Portraits.
- Atlantic Council of the United States.
- Morgan Guaranty Trust Company of New York.
- National Strategy Information Center.
- Roger Williams (Ship)
- Sully (Chantilly, Va. : Dwelling)
- United States. -- Department of State.
- University of Virginia.
- Ambassadors -- United States.
- Banks and banking, International.
- Diplomats -- United States.
- Financial institutions, International.
- International finance.
- Real property -- Virginia -- Albemarle County.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1961-1963.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Vietnam.
- Vietnam -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- Vietnam -- History -- 1945-1975.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- United States.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.