Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Carroll Everett; Pierre Munro Irving; Frank Moore; Gustavus Myers; George Palmer Putnam; Helen Miller Gould Shepard|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Palmer Putnam; S Austin Allibone; Richard Bentley; Henry G Bohn; James Lorimer Graham; F D Huntington; George Haven Putnam; James O Sargent
|Notes:||Forms part of the Clifton Waller Barrett Library.|
|Other Titles:||G. P. Putnam papers|
Letters pertaining to his publishing business discuss possible articles for Putnam's Monthly Magazine including a rejection of one by [Charles Carroll?] Everett, Pierre Munro Irving's biography of Washington Irving, Frank Moore's "Rebellion Record" and the stagnant book trade of 1861.
There is also a letter, 1901, from George Haven Putnam to Gustavus Myers declining to publish his history of the great American fortunes as it would be objectionable to family members, particularly Helen Gould.
- Book industries and trade -- United States -- 19th century.
- Everett, Charles Carroll, -- 1829-1900.
- Irving, Pierre Munro, -- 1803-1876. -- Life and letters of Washington Irving.
- Moore, Frank, -- 1828-1904. -- Rebellion record.
- Myers, Gustavus, -- 1872-1942 -- Origin of great private fortunes, or, How did our plutocrats really get their wealth?
- Publishers and publishing.
- Putnam, George Palmer, -- 1814-1872.
- Putnam's monthly magazine.
- Shepard, Helen Miller Gould, -- 1868-1938.
- Union League Club.