Trouver un exemplaire dans la bibliothèque
Recherche de bibliothèques qui possèdent cet ouvrage...
|Personne nommée :||Susan Elizabeth Blow; H P Bowditch; Henry A Christian; Edward Cowles; Edward Waldo Emerson; Sándor Ferenczi; Sigmund Freud; Henry James; William James; Ernest Jones; Morton Prince; James Jackson Putnam; Marian Cabot Putnam; Elmer Ernest Southard; Elizabeth Hewes Tilton|
|Type d’ouvrage :||Manuscrit|
|Format :||Livre, Document mixte|
|Tous les auteurs / collaborateurs :||
James Jackson Putnam
|Numéro OCLC :||281433025|
|Notes de reproduction :||Are available at repository.|
|Description :||21 boxes.|
Letters from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Harvard colleagues, such as Cowles, Christian, and Bowditch, concern teaching matters at Harvard, funding for the Social Service Department at MGH, Bowditch's travels in Europe, and physiological apparatus and research. Also includes letters from other colleagues, such as Southard, pertaining to his psychiatric work at the Massachusetts State Hospital in Danvers; Ferenczi, about psychoanalytic treatment and international meetings; from Edward Waldo Emerson, a long series, 1866-1918, mostly about family and friends; and from acquaintances, such as Elizabeth Tilton documenting her work as a prohibitionist. Putnam's outgoing letters concern a merger of Harvard departments of neurology and psychology, European psychiatric hospitals, establishment of a neurology ward and other matters at MGH and Harvard. They also reflect his views on such subjects as neurasthenia, psychoanalysis, and Freudian theories, alcoholism, and the Emmanuel movement and cooperation between the clergy and medical profession. Marion Cabot Putnam's letters include mainly letters of condolence from friends and colleagues of her husband; there are also some letters from Marion and other family papers. Manuscripts belonging to Putnam include college essays; reading and medical notes; manuscripts of lectures and papers on such subjects as mental illness, psychoneurosis, and psychoanalysis; diploma and other documents.
Related material includes correspondence, 1956-1965, concerning the disposition of the Putnam papers.
Sujets associés :(29)
- Blow, Susan Elizabeth, -- 1843-1916.
- Bowditch, H. P. -- (Henry Pickering), -- 1840-1911.
- Christian, Henry A. -- (Henry Asbury), -- 1876-1951.
- Cowles, Edward, -- 1837-1919.
- Emerson, Edward Waldo, -- 1844-1930.
- Ferenczi, Sándor, -- 1873-1933.
- Freud, Sigmund, -- 1856-1939.
- James, Henry, -- 1843-1916.
- James, William, -- 1842-1910.
- Jones, Ernest, -- 1879-1958.
- Prince, Morton, -- 1854-1929.
- Putnam, James Jackson, -- 1846-1918.
- Putnam, Marian Cabot, -- 1857-1932.
- Southard, Elmer Ernest, -- 1876-1920.
- Tilton, Elizabeth Hewes, -- 1869-1950.
- Harvard Medical School -- Curricula.
- Massachusetts. -- State Hospital, Danvers.
- Massachusetts General Hospital. -- Social Service Department.
- Psychiatry -- Study and teaching.
- Psychotherapy -- Research.
- Psychoanalysis -- Research.
- Psychoanalysis -- Congresses.
- Psychology -- Congresses.
- Physiology -- Research.
- Harvard University -- Psychology.