Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John King Fairbank; Robert Hart; Ernest R May|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John King Fairbank
|Notes:||Access may be restricted. Details available at repository.|
|Description:||94 cubic feet in 272 containers of mss.|
Also contains papers relating to Fairbank's administrative duties as Director of the East Asian Research Center (later the Fairbank Center); materials dealing with the investigation of China specialists (including Fairbank) during the McCarthy Era; and papers pertaining to his participation in various professional organizations, including the Association for Asian Studies, the American Historical Association, and the Committee on American-East Asian Relations (AEAR). The materials relating to the AEAR are predominantly from the files of its chairman, Ernest May.
Related publications and reference material available in repository. For information on component parts of collection, see Harvard Archives LOCATION below.
- Fairbank, John King, -- 1907-1991.
- Hart, Robert, -- 1835-1911.
- May, Ernest R.
- American Historical Association.
- American Historical Association. -- Committee on American-East Asian Relations.
- Association for Asian Studies.
- Harvard University. -- East Asian Research Center.
- Institute of Pacific Relations.
- Cambridge history of China.
- Communism -- China.
- Sinologists -- United States.
- China -- Relations -- United States.
- United States -- Relations -- China.
- Harvard University -- History (Field of study)
- Harvard University -- Faculty member.