Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
The letters to Browning chiefly request autographs, discuss his poetry or send copies of the correspondent's work. Other topics mentioned include the Civil War, a celebration in honor of Margaret Fuller, "The Mrs. Browning Hall" at Wellesley College, the production of "A blot in the 'scutcheon" by Lawrence Barrett, publication of some Thomas Carlyle letters, and the translation of some of Mrs. Browning's poems into Danish.
The collection also contains the typescript, galleys, page proofs, and illustrations for "Browning and America"; correspondence with Browning scholars and owners of Browning material; lectures; articles re Browning; issues of "The Browning Society's Papers," 1885-1891, and a copy of "Browning songs set to music" by Mrs. H.H.A. Beach.
- Barrett, Lawrence, -- 1838-1891.
- Browning, Robert, -- 1812-1889. -- A blot in the 'scutcheon.
- Carlyle, Thomas, -- 1795-1881.
- Fuller, Margaret, -- 1810-1850.
- Greer, Louise, -- 1899- -- Browning and America.
- Rosecrans, William S. -- (William Starke), -- 1819-1898.
- Wordsworth, William, -- 1770-1850.
- Armstrong Browning Library.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Public opinion.