Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mosby Garland Perrow; J Lindsay Almond; John Stewart Battle; John B Boatwright; Armistead L Boothe; Harry F Byrd; Harry Flood Byrd; Cassius M Chichester; Lewis Preston Collins; Everett R Combs; Ted Dalton; Colgate W Darden; E Griffith Dodson; Wilson Gee; Garland Gray; A Willis Robertson; William M Tuck; Clifton A Woodrum
|Other Titles:||Mosby G. Perrow papers|
Personal papers concern family estate settlements; his farm near Lynchburg, Va.; real estate transactions; taxes; recommendations; and Lynchburg civic and religious activities particularly the Female Orphan Asylum, the Hospital Authority and the Memorial Methodist Church.
Legislative papers pertain chiefly to the Perrow Commission, 1958-1959, whose final report advocated freedom of choice, or local option, to end "Massive Resistance" to court ordered integration and the consequent public school closings.
Other legislative papers document his terms on the Virginia Advisory Legislative Council, 1947-1960; and on the Committee to Study the System of Public Schools in Virginia, 1944-1947. With these is some general material on public education in Virginia.
Correspondents include J. Lindsay Almond, John S. Battle, John B. Boatwright, Armistead L. Boothe, Harry Flood Byrd, Sr., Harry Flood Byrd, Jr., Cassius M. Chichester, Lewis Preston Collins, Everett R. Combs, Ted Dalton, Colgate W. Darden, E. Griffith Dodson, Wilson Gee, Garland Gray, A. Willis Robertson, William M. Tuck, and Clifton A. Woodrum.
- Executors and administrators.
- African Americans -- Segregation.
- Church buildings -- Virginia -- Lynchburg.
- Commission to Study the System of Public Schools in Virginia.
- Education -- Virginia.
- Farms -- Virginia -- Lynchburg.
- Freedom of Choice (Education)
- Home for Needy Confederate Women (Richmond, Va.)
- Hospitals -- Virginia -- Lynchburg.
- Local option (Education) -- Virginia.
- Lynchburg Female Orphan Asylum.
- Lynchburg Hospital Authority.
- Lynchburg (Va.)
- School integration -- Massive resistance movement.
- Memorial Methodist Church (Lynchburg, Va.)
- Orphanages -- Virginia -- Lynchburg.
- Perrow Commission.
- School integration -- Virginia.
- Segregation in education -- Virginia.
- Virginia Advisory Legislative Council.
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Virginia Committee for Public Schools.
- Virginia School Commission.
- Virginia. -- State Board of Education.