Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Barton family.; Berenson family.; Bernard Berenson; William James; Ralph Barton Perry; Sylvia Saunders Sprigge; Alfred North Whitehead|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ralph Barton Perry
|Description:||approximately 30 linear ft.|
Correspondence pertains to Perry's involvement in professional societies and public affairs, Harvard committee work, and to his publications. Also letters from the Berenson family, and others regarding the Barton family. Research material and writings include manuscript of biography of William James, and notes and manuscripts concerning Kantian philosophy, history of ethics, and other areas. Personal papers include memorandum on compulsory physical training and manuscripts about service in World War I and letters from Ralph Barton Perry to Jean Lee Staples (Mrs. English) Showalter. General subject file (HUG 4683.80) includes: American Defense - Harvard Group, 1945; American Student Union, 1938; Civil Liberties, 1952-1954; Committee of One Thousand, 1943; Dean of Canterbury, 1948; Letters from Berenson family (I Tatti), 1898-1956; Memorabilia, clippings, 1944-1948; New York Herald Tribune - correspondence concerning letter of March 26, 1944; New York Times - correspondence concerning letters of April 28, 1953, May 27, 1954, December 27, 1954; Radio Board, 1942-1946; Rapp-Condert Committee, 1941; Bertrand Russell - City College case, 1940; Charles Scribner's Sons - correspondence, 1923-1928; Letters from servicemen, 1917; Sylvia Sprigge - correspondence, 1954; Subversive activities control board, 1954; Alfred North Whitehead, 80th birthday, 1941; notes on the theory of knowledge; miscellaneous.
- Barton family.
- Berenson family.
- Berenson, Bernard, -- 1865-1959.
- James, William, -- 1842-1910.
- Perry, Ralph Barton, -- 1876-1957.
- Sprigge, Sylvia Saunders.
- Whitehead, Alfred North, -- 1861-1947.
- American Defense League.
- American Student Union.
- Harvard University. -- Corporation. -- Committee of Eight.
- Harvard University. -- Department of Philosophy -- Faculty.
- Philosophy -- Study and teaching.
- Philosophy -- Societies, etc.
- Ethics -- Study and teaching.
- Physical education and training.
- Harvard University -- Philosophy.
- Harvard University -- Faculty member.