|提及的人：||Hans A Bethe; Niels Henrik David Bohr; Harold Brown; Lee A DuBridge; Albert Einstein; Enrico Fermi; Richard Phillips Feynman; William A Fowler; Murray Gell-Mann; Samuel Abraham Goudsmit; J Robert Oppenheimer; Linus Pauling; Bertrand Russell; Richard Chace Tolman|
|資料類型：||傳記, 手稿, 網際網路資源|
|文件類型：||圖書, 文檔資料, 網路資源|
Robert F Bacher
|語言註釋：||Materials in English.|
|描述：||71 boxes (40 linear feet.)|
|内容：||Collection contents: Series I: Correspondence (boxes 1-7) --
Series II: Nuclear physics and the Manhattan Project (boxes 8-19) --
Series III: Government organizations (boxes 20-28) --
Series IV: Professional organizations and associations (boxes 29-34) --
Series V: Post-war nuclear security, arms control and nuclear energy (boxes 35-40) --
Series VI: California Institute of Technology (boxes 41-46) --
Series VII: Writings (boxes 47-48) --
Series VIII: Biographical (boxes 49-52) --
Series IX: Reprints (boxes 53-64) --
Series X: Images and artifacts (boxes 65-71).
Robert F. Bacher papers.
Robert Fox Bacher began donating his papers to the Archives at the California Institute of Technology in 1989. Comprising 70 boxes and approximately forty linear feet, the collection encompasses most of Bacher's distinguished career. The scientific work represented in the collection includes his early research in the physics laboratory of the University of Michigan, his experimental labors for the Manhattan Project and, at the California Institute of Technology, his participation in the high-energy synchrotron. The majority of the collection is devoted to Bacher's administrative duties, consulting services and professional work. This includes Bacher's work as head of experimental physics in Los Alamos, his involvement in the fledgling UN Atomic Energy Commission, his role in the President's Science Advisory Committee (PSAC) and his responsibilities within the Universities Research Association (URA). As head of physics and as Provost, Bacher was also an influential administrator at Caltech, and his substantial involvement in the various affairs of the Institute are well represented in the collection. In addition to the extensive documents in the collection are a considerable number of photographs and artifacts which testify to the considerable breadth of Bacher's career.
- Bethe, Hans A. -- (Hans Albrecht), -- 1906-2005.
- Bohr, Niels Henrik David, -- 1885-1962.
- Brown, Harold, -- 1927-
- DuBridge, Lee A. -- (Lee Alvin), -- 1901-1994.
- Einstein, Albert, -- 1879-1955.
- Fermi, Enrico, -- 1901-1954.
- Feynman, Richard Phillips.
- Fowler, William A.
- Gell-Mann, Murray.
- Goudsmit, Samuel Abraham.
- Oppenheimer, J. Robert, -- 1904-1967.
- Pauling, Linus, -- 1901-1994.
- Russell, Bertrand, -- 1872-1970.
- Tolman, Richard Chace, -- 1881-1948.
- California Institute of Technology.
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology-Radiation Laboratory.
- U.S. -- Atomic Energy Commission.
- United States. -- President's Science Advisory Committee.
- Nuclear physicists.