Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||H B Bascom; Black Hawk, Sauk chief; John Chambers; Claudius Crozet; John P Durbin; John Early; Landon C Garland; Richard M Johnson; Keokuk, Sauk chief; Stephen Olin; Martin Van Buren; Henry A Wise|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Whitehead; Ann Carter Whitehead Thomas; Sallie Carter Whitehead
|Other Titles:||Bible records, Nelson County, Virginia, Whitehead and allied families ...
First register which has been preserved in Nelson Parish ... 1843-1870.
Robert Whitehead papers
Of interest are descriptions of college riots at Augusta and the University of Virginia, a cholera epidemic, comments on the Democrats, the Whigs and Van Buren, and mentions of Murel's conspiracy, 1835, and peace talks with Black Hawk and Keokuk.
Other noted individuals mentioned include Henry Bidleman Bascom, John Chambers, Claudius Crozet, John Price Durbin, John Early, Landon Cabell Garland, Richard Mentor Johnson, Stephen Olin, and Henry A. Wise.
In addition the collection contains a diary and transcription kept by Whitehead on his journey from Lovingston, Va., to Augusta, Ky., 1830, and copies of obituaries regarding him.
"Bible records, Nelson County, Virginia, Whitehead and allied families . . .," 1978, compiled by Ann Carter Whitehead Thomas and "The first register which has been preserved in Nelson Parish ... 1843-1870," 1930s, copied by Sallie Carter Whitehead and typed and indexed by Mrs. Thomas are also included.
- Augusta College (Augusta, Ky.)
- Bascom, H. B. -- (Henry Bidleman), -- 1796-1850.
- Black Hawk, -- Sauk chief, -- 1767-1838.
- Chambers, John, -- 1780-1852.
- Crozet, Claudius, -- 1790-1864.
- Durbin, John P. -- (John Price), -- 1800-1876.
- Early, John, -- 1786-1873.
- Garland, Landon C. -- (Landon Cabell), -- 1810-1895.
- Johnson, Richard M. -- (Richard Mentor), -- 1780-1850.
- Keokuk, -- Sauk chief, -- 1780?-1840.
- Nelson Parish Episcopal Church -- Registers.
- Olin, Stephen, -- 1797-1851.
- Randolph-Macon College.
- University of Virginia -- Students.
- Van Buren, Martin, -- 1782-1862.
- Wise, Henry A. -- (Henry Alexander), -- 1806-1876.
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Kentucky -- Politics and government.
- Murel's Conspiracy, 1835.
- Revolutions -- United States.
- Slavery -- United States.
- Vigilance committees -- Mississippi.
- Virginia -- Genealogy.
- Virginia -- Politics and government.
- Voyages and travels.
- Whig Party (U.S.)