Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Charts, diagrams, etc|
|Named Person:||George Biddell Airy; George Howard Darwin, Sir; H Spencer Jones|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope,|
|Language Note:||Generally English.|
|Notes:||The Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope was a separate institution to the Royal Observatory, Greenwich and to the Royal Greenwich Observatory. In its last days, Royal Observatory Cape was administered by the Royal Greenwich Observatory. The collection represents many Royal Observatory Cape records as sent to Greenwich in the early years of this century. Records from 1923 until ca. 1968 are not generally represented in this collection. The correspondents list is nit exhaustive. Researachers interested in a particular period are invited to write to the Royal Greenwich Observatory Archivist at the listed address if they are interested in a particular individual whose name does not appear, but who could possibly have been in correspondence with the person or institution responsible for creating the class.|
Rev. Adamson; Sir G.B. Airy; C. Babbage; Prof. Backysen; Lt. Baily; Sir S. Ball; G. Barclay; Capt. Beaufort; Sir F. Beaufort, F; Capt. Beeker; W. Christie; Sir W. Cibbitt; Miss Clerke; Sir R. Clude; A.A. Common; R. Copeland; G.H. Darwin; L. Deball; Baron Delack; Baron Donckelmann; W. Elkin; Rev. F. Fallows; J.D. Forbes; Sir J. Franklin; Sir H. Frere; Dr. Gailo; Sir D. Gill; Earl Grey; Rev. Guetz; W. Harkness; T. Henderson; W.T. Henley; Sir J. Herschel; R. Hodgson; Lady Huggins; Sir W. Huggins; H. Jacoby; J.C. Kapteyn; J. Keeler; Maj. Laffan; Dr. Lee; Lord Lindsay; Dr. D. Livingstone; H. Lloyd; Prof. Lyle; Sir T. MacClear; Capt. Morris; J. Nasmyth; Prince Orange; W. Pearson; C. Piazzi; Capt. W. Ronald; H. Russell; A. Schmidt; Prof. Schur; T. Seer; R. Sheepshanks; Mrs. Smyth; P. Smyth; J. Solomon; H. Spencer-Jones; E.J. Stone; W. Stow; O. Struve; J. Tennant; J. Thompson; I. Thwaits; E. Troughton; H.H. Turner; Prof. Vogal; F. Wadsworth; H. Walthern; L.T. Waugh; Lt. Wettstein; Capt. Wharton; Dr. Whewell; G. Whipple; J.B. White; J. Williams; C. Wolleston; R. Woodgate; Sir R. Woolley, and T. Young.
- Airy, George Biddell, -- 1801-1892.
- Darwin, George Howard, -- Sir, -- 1845-1912.
- Jones, H. Spencer -- (Harold Spencer), -- 1890-1960.
- Arc measures.
- Astrographic catalog and chart -- Publishing -- South Africa.
- Asteroids -- Observations.
- Astronomical observatories -- Great Britain.
- Astronomical observatories -- Administration -- South Africa.
- Astronomy -- Observations -- South Africa.
- Comets -- Observations.
- Eros (Asteroid) -- Observations.
- Halley's comet -- Observations -- 19th century.
- Halley's comet -- Observations -- 20th century.
- Parallax -- Sun -- Research.
- Planets -- Observations.
- Stars -- Charts, diagrams, etc.
- Telescopes (Astronomy) -- South Africa.