Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Benjamin Franklin Arthur; Arthur family.; Elias Horry Deas; Dogan family.; Emma L Dogan; Joseph Herndon Dogan; S A Dogan|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Arthur family.; Dogan family.; Benjamin Franklin Arthur; Joseph Herndon Dogan; S A Dogan
Includes letter, 25 Nov. 1834, Joseph H[erndon] Dogan, to his wife, re shopping in Columbia, S.C., the legislative election of [Elias Horry] Deas, as Speaker of the House.
Letters of B[enjamin] F[ranklin] Arthur to his sister at school, re her deportment and advising her of the importance of securing an education.
Letters from S.A. Dogan, Union County, S.C., to daughter Emma Dogan at Spartanburg Female College, Spartanburg, S.C., including letter, 6 Mar. 1857, Union County, S.C., re family activities, encouraging the study of Latin, and warning of dangers of being at college alone; letter, 14 June 1858, re sewing Emma's clothing and mention of dysentery in Union, S.C.; letter, 15 Apr. 1860, re whooping cough outbreak, local news, and attendance of J.H. Dogan at the South Carolina Constitutional Convention, Columbia, S.C.
Genealogical information re Arthur family; and undated newspaper clipping, "Benjamin F. Arthur, Secretary S.C. Secession Convention."
- Arthur, Benjamin Franklin, -- 1826-1870 -- Correspondence.
- Arthur family.
- Deas, Elias Horry, -- 1803-1867.
- Dogan family.
- Dogan, Emma L. -- Correspondence.
- Dogan, Joseph Herndon -- Correspondence.
- Dogan, S. A., -- active 1858 -- Correspondence.
- South Carolina. -- Constitutional Convention -- (1860-1862)
- South Carolina. -- General Assembly. -- House of Representatives.
- Spartanburg Female College -- Students.
- Education, Higher -- South Carolina -- Spartanburg.
- Students -- South Carolina -- Spartanburg.
- Women -- Education -- South Carolina -- Spartanburg.
- Women -- South Carolina -- Union County.
- Secession -- South Carolina.
- Spartanburg (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Columbia (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- Union County (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.