Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Joseph R Anderson; Chas P Stone; Frederick H Wolcott|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Wellington Goddin; Thomas Petherick; Dover Coal and Iron Company.
|Description:||225 items + 1 volumes|
|Other Titles:||Dover Coal and Iron Company papers|
A letterbook, 1869, details daily coal mining business, and foundry and furnace operations. It contains a report on canal boats and lists of office, mine, and furnace employees.
There is information on business relations with the Tredegar Iron Works, Richmond; the Lynchburg Mining and Manufacturing Company; the Old Dominion Iron & Nail Works; the Westham Iron Company; and various mines.
Correspondence files, 1866-1874, include letters; memoranda; notices of stockholders' meetings; reports; receipts; notice of an intent to consolidate with the Westham Iron Company; minutes of the Board of Directors; mining, furnace and foundry reports; an analysis of manufactured iron; financial summaries and accounts.
There is also correspondence, 1871-1874, between Parker and Wellington Goddin, a Richmond real estate auctioneer and land agent; and a detailed description, 1865, of Goochland County property by Stone and Thomas Petherick.
- Anderson, Joseph R. -- (Joseph Reid), -- 1813-1892.
- Stone, Chas. P. -- (Charles Pomeroy), -- 1824-1887.
- Wolcott, Frederick H.
- Lynchburg Mining and Manufacturing Company.
- Old Dominion Iron and Nail Works.
- Tredegar Iron Works (Richmond, Va.)
- Westham Iron Company.
- Canal-boats -- Virginia.
- Coal mines and mining -- Virginia.
- Iron foundries -- Virginia.
- Goochland County (Va.) -- History.
- Richmond (Va.) -- History.