Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, Confederate
|Named Person:||Charles F James; Robert James|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edmund Berkeley; Asa James; Charles F James; Elias James; Emily Ann James; William Hughes James
|Other Titles:||James family papers|
Topics also include William H. James's scientific expedition to New Guinea, 1875-1876, his murder by natives, and the disposition of his effects; the 1912 reminiscences of Col. Edmund Berkeley, on the gallantry of the James brothers during the Civil War particularly at Petersburg, and family genealogy.
Financial and legal material centers on Elias James, and includes a statement of his good character and freedom from debt, notes for payment, and a copy of an inventory of his Loudoun County, Va., estate, as well as a Confederate bond, 1862, and a Nevada mining company stock certificate, 1919.
Miscellaneous material includes a militia commission, 1845, a Confederate oath of allegiance, 1862, an account of a conversion and call to the ministry, 1872, an 1880 history of Buchanan Baptist Church, Botetourt County, Va., Civil War reminiscences, and an attempt to ascertain the reaction of Virginia Baptists to the ratification of the Constitution and other notes on religion in Virginia.
Also include a record book for the settlement of the estate of Robert James including a list of "losses by vandals 1864" and a journal of collections made by William H. James on Jule Island, New Guinea.
- Buchanan Baptist Church (Botetourt County, Va.)
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Virginia Infantry Regiment, 8th.
- Conservative Union Party (Missouri, 1869)
- Ketocton Baptist Association.
- Ketoctin Baptist Church (Loudoun County, Va.)
- James, Charles F. -- (Charles Fenton), -- 1844-1902 -- Portraits.
- James, Robert -- Estate.
- Northeast Missouri Agricultural and Horticultural Society.
- Roanoke Female College.
- Administration of estates -- Virginia.
- Military chaplains.
- New Guinea -- Discovery and exploration.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1860.
- Scientific expeditions.
- Constitutions -- United States.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Causes.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Destruction and pillage.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sermons.
- Confederate States of America -- Finance.
- Virginia -- Genealogy.