Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Molony family.; Bryant family.; Ryan family.; Johnson Hagood|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Molony family.; Bryan Family.; Ryan Family.
Letters of an Irish Catholic family in South Carolina; topics discussed include family news and economic conditions in Ireland; adjustment to American life; Mary Molony's teaching experience at Charleston's Ursuline convent and her decision to become a nun; Capt. P.K. Molony's military service in Hagood's brigade during Civil War, including Johnson Hagood's letter notifying the family of Molony's death and describing the action in which he was killed.
- Molony family.
- Bryant family.
- Ryan family.
- Hagood, Johnson, -- 1829-1898 -- Correspondence.
- Ursuline Convent (Charleston, S.C.)
- Irish Americans -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Catholics -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Soldiers -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Nuns -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Women teachers -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- History -- 19th century.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Ireland -- Social conditions -- History -- 19th century.