Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||W J Graves; James Nourse|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Adams; John Quincy Adams; Robert Carter; Henry Clay; Charles Josephus Nourse; James Nourse; Joseph Nourse
|Other Titles:||Nourse family papers.|
Other papers include: a military service record of Charles J. Nourse; 1768 notebook of James Nourse containing real estate notes, inventories, and reasons for emigration; 5 volumes of Joseph Nourse as follow: a journal, 1786-1790, relating to his business as a treasury official, domestic affairs, readings, and reflections; a domestic account book; a register of accounts from the Register's Office of the Treasury Dept. with copies of Congressional acts regarding ships and trade later reused as a scrapbook; a commonplace book and diary, 1792-1839, chiefly of religious sentiments; and a letter and account book, 1822, 1832-35, with some official letters, but chiefly personal.
There are also two English indentures, 1805, regarding the settlement of James Nourse's estate, and a copy of 1724 Northern Neck land patent signed by Robert Carter.
- Graves, W. J. -- (William Jordan), -- 1805-1848.
- Nourse, James, -- d. 1805 -- Estate.
- United States. -- Register of the Treasury.
- Books and reading -- History -- 18th century.
- Courts-martial and courts of inquiry.
- Finance, Public -- United States.
- Real property -- Virginia.
- Religious thought -- 19th century.
- England -- Emigration and immigration.