Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Alice Jackson Stuart; Alice Jackson Stuart|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jackson Davis; J H Dillard; Douglas Southall Freeman; John M Gandy; Alice Jackson Stuart; Francis Godwin James; John Lloyd Newcomb; George C Peery; L R Reynolds; Walter White; Plummer Bernard Young; University of Virginia. Office of the President.
|Notes:||In box 18 is a folder on "Negro Admissions and Scholarships, 1935-1936" which contains presidential correspondence concerning Alice C. Jackson's application for admission to the University. Correspondents include Alice C. Jackson; Jackson Davis; J. Hardy Dillard; Douglas S. Freeman; John M. Gandy of the Virginia State College for Negroes; Francis Godwin James of the National Students League at the University of Virginia; George C. Peery; L.R. Reynolds of the Virginia Commission on Interracial Cooperation; and Walter White. A reprint of P.B. Young's editorial on the controversy from the "Norfolk Journal and Guide" is also included.|
|Other Titles:||President's papers|
- Stuart, Alice Jackson, -- 1913-2001.
- University of Virginia -- Students -- History.
- University of Virginia -- History.
- African American college students -- Virginia -- Charlottesville -- History.
- African American women -- Education (Higher) -- Virginia -- History.
- African Americans -- Education (Higher) -- Virginia -- History.
- Education, Higher -- Virginia -- History.
- University of Virginia.
- African American college students.
- African American women -- Education (Higher)
- African Americans -- Education (Higher)
- Education, Higher.
- Virginia -- Charlottesville.