Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Quesenberry; Alexander Spotswood; Thomas Turner|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Washington family.; Benjamin Kite; Thomas; Bushrod Washington; Corbin Washington; George Washington; George Corbin Washington; H A Washington; Lawrence Washington; Lawrence Augustine Washington; Spotswood Washington; William Washington; Ralph Wormeley
Also financial papers, 1788-1810, of William Augustine Washington: bills and receipts for postage, cash, and tobacco; accounts for household supplies and the administration of the estate of Thomas Turner, including Washington's speculation that trade competition between Britain and France may affect the market for American goods; and a bond, 1799, to Alexander Spotswood.
Also include letter, 17 May 1795, from Ralph Wormeley to Corbin Washington, Westmoreland County, Va., regarding financial matters; and letter, 3 August 1821, from Lawrence Augustine Washington to Benjamin and Thomas Kite, Philadelphia, Pa., ordering a laxative preparation as well as two books.
Also include letter, 27 July 1824, from Bushrod Washington to George Corbin Washington, regarding a visit from a relative; letter, 25 February 1827, from Bushrod Washington, Washington, D.C., to his nephews Spotswood and George Washington, regarding their studies with a private tutor in Alexandria, Va.; and letter, 24 August 1843, from H.A. Washington, Richmond, Va., to his father Lawrence Washington, Westmoreland County, Va., regarding estates law.
- Quesenberry, George.
- Spotswood, Alexander, -- approximately 1746-1818.
- Turner, Thomas.
- Commerce -- History.
- Competition, International -- History.
- Decedents' estates -- Virginia -- Westmoreland County.
- Estates (Law) -- Virginia -- History.
- Executors and administrators -- Virginia -- Westmoreland County.
- Finance, Personal -- Virginia -- History.
- Pennsylvania Avenue (Washington, D.C.) -- History.
- Roads -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century.
- Sewing -- Equipment and supplies -- History -- 18th century.
- Tobacco -- Virginia -- History.
- Tutors and tutoring -- Virginia.
- Westmoreland County (Va.) -- History.