Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||F M Stribling; Edward Willis; Francis Willis; John Wingfield|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J P Benjamin; Edward Johnson; Robert E Lee; William Nelson Pendleton; F M Stribling; Robert Augustus Toombs; Edward S Willis; Francis Willis; John Wingfield; Georgia. Comptroller General's Office.; United States Military Academy.
|Notes:||Manuscript Division reel # M-2107.|
|Description:||1 reel : positive ; 35 mm|
The collection also contains orders issued by various officers in the Confederate States Army, 1861-1864, primarily marching orders for units in the Department of Northern Virginia, also some death notices, orders for medical treatment and disability, induction notices, passes for furloughs, and parole papers.
There are also muster rolls, pay rolls, and morning reports for Captain John Wingfield's company, and Captain G.G. Norman's company, both Georgia light artillery, originally militia home guards from Wilkes County, Ga.
Included with the collection is a pamphlet of Rules and Regulations of the Wilkes Guard (Ga.), a history, 1892, of the Irvin Artillery (Wilkes County, Ga.), with minutes, memorials, and reunion notices.
The collection contains a letter, 1863 May 18, W.N. Pendleton to Robert E. Lee; a letter, 1862 April 18, to Edward Johnson; a letter, 1861 February 13, from J.P. Benjamin; a letter, n.d., R. Toombs to Francis T. Willis.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Department of Northern Virginia.
- Georgia. -- Comptroller General's Office.
- Stribling, F. M.
- United States Military Academy -- Students.
- Willis, Edward.
- Willis, Francis.
- Winden Hall (School: Ga.)
- Wingfield, John.
- Death notices -- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Fugitive slaves -- Georgia.
- Gloucester County (Va.) -- History.
- Slave bills of sale -- Georgia -- Wilkes County.
- Slave trade -- Georgia.
- Slaves -- Georgia -- Wilkes County.
- Students -- Georgia -- Social life and customs.
- Tax collection -- Georgia -- History.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care.
- Wilkes County (Ga.) -- History.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.