Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Rosemary Benét; John Cather; Willa Cather; Willa Cather; Willa Cather; Willa Cather; Willa Cather; Ford Madox Ford; Olive Fremstad; Robert Frost; John Galsworthy; Josephine Goldmark; A E Housman; S S McClure; Ethelbert Nevin; Elizabeth Shepley Sergeant; Willa Cather|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Willa Cather; William Valentine Alexander; Stephen Vincent Benét; Henry Walcott Boynton; William Stanley Braithwaite; Cyril Clemens; Perceval Gibbon; Pauline Dorothea Goldmark; William Lucius Graves; Will Owen Jones; Orson Lowell; Carrie Miner Louise Pound; Viola Roseboro'; Zoe Aikens Rumbold; Elizabeth Shepley Sergeant; Louise Stegner; Harvey Taylor; Henry Chester Tracy
|Notes:||Forms part of the Clifton Waller Barrett Library.|
|Other Titles:||Willa Cather papers|
In letters Cather discusses her travels, family & friends, her work as editor for McClure's magazine her health, her current activities, her reading, and her writing. There are also letters to admirers, students, and reviewers, and notes of thanks and sympathy.
Major topics in the correspondence include impressions of New Mexico; her friendship with Olive Fremstad; her work, especially on McClure's autobiography, an article on Ethelbert Nevin, the novels "O Pioneers!" "Song of the lark," "My Antonia," "One of ours," "Death comes for the Archbishop," and "Sapphira and the slave girl"; her inspirations for various characters and backgrounds; critical response to her work; her critiques of the work of Elizabeth Shepley Sergeant; and incorrect impressions of her by Ford Maddox Ford. A listing of the letters contains many notes by Elizabeth S. Sergeant on the contents.
The papers also contain clippings, photographs and articles including one by Rosemary and Stephen Vincent Benét.
Among the correspondents are William Valentine Alexander, Henry Walcott Boynton, William Stanley Beaumont Braithwaite, Cyril Clemens, Perceval Gibbon, William Lucius Graves, Will Owen Jones, Orson Lowell, Carrie Miner Louise Pound, Violo Roseboro', Zoe Aikens Rumbold, Louise Stegner, Harvey Taylor, Henry Chester Tracy, and Josephine and Pauline Goldmark.
- Benét, Rosemary, -- 1900-1962.
- Cather, John.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947 -- Characters.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947 -- Friends and associates.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947 -- Homes and haunts.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947 -- Photographs.
- Ford, Ford Madox, -- 1873-1939.
- Fremstad, Olive, -- 1872-1951.
- Frost, Robert, -- 1874-1963.
- Galsworthy, John, -- 1867-1933.
- Goldmark, Josephine, -- 1877-1950.
- Housman, A. E. -- (Alfred Edward), -- 1859-1936.
- McClure, S. S. -- (Samuel Sidney), -- 1857-1949.
- Nevin, Ethelbert, -- 1862-1901.
- Sergeant, Elizabeth Shepley, -- 1881-1965.
- Cather, Willa, -- 1873-1947.
- McClure's magazine.
- Authors and publishers.
- Books -- Reviews.
- Women authors.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Libraries.
- Red Cloud (Neb.)
- New Mexico -- Description and travel.