Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William B Spong; United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
|Other Titles:||William B. Spong papers|
Legislative files pertain to the senate committees and subcommitties on which Spong served including Banking and Currency, the District of Columbia, Public Works, Commerce, and Foreign Relations, as well as the select committes on Equal Education Opportunities and Standards and Conduct.
Topics in the legislative files generating more than average correspondence include the Anti-ballistic Missile System, the Truth-in-lending bill, no-fault insurance, public school prayer, social security and retirement benefits, tax reform, Vietnamese war, civil rights, riots, equal rights amendment, Supreme Court nominations, busing, air and water pollution, and especially gun control.
Federal files pertain to various departments, agencies, boards and commissions of the executive branch including the Depts. of Commerce, Defense, Health, Education and Welfare, Interior, and Transportation, as well as to independent agencies of the judicial branch and legislative branch including the Supreme Court. Casework files contain correspondence regarding the Senator's efforts on behalf of constituents.
General files pertain to the state of Virginia, state and national politics, office administration, public activities, public relations and his 1966 and 1972 campaigns. A file of V.I.P. correspondence contains letters from prominent national and state officials.
The fourth series contains carbon copies of correspondence.
The small miscellaneous series contains recordings, oversize items and indexes. Includes the NASA film "Apollo 14 Mission to Fra Mauro" on the 3rd lunar landing 1971 February 5, and a film from his 1972 senatorial race.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Select Committee on Equal Educational Opportunity.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Select Committee on Standards and Conduct.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Banking and Currency.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Commerce.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on the District of Columbia.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Public Works.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Elections -- 1966.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate -- Elections -- 1972.
- United States. -- Department of Commerce.
- United States. -- Department of Defense.
- United States. -- Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.
- United States. -- Department of the Interior.
- United States. -- Department of Transportation.
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- Apollo 14 (Spacecraft)
- Project Apollo (U.S.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Air -- Pollution.
- Antimissile missiles.
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting.
- Busing for school integration.
- Consumer protection -- Law and legislation.
- Political campaigns.
- Elections -- Virginia -- 1966.
- Elections -- Virginia -- 1972.
- Equal rights amendments.
- Gun control.
- No-fault automobile insurance.
- Judges -- Selection and appointment -- United States.
- Postemployment benefits.
- Prayer in the public schools -- Law and legislation.
- Riots -- United States.
- Social security -- Law and legislation.
- Taxation -- Law and legislation.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Prisoners and prisons, North Vietnamese.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements.
- Water -- Pollution.