Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, American
|Named Person:||Ekaterina Konstantinovna Breshko-Breshkovskai︠a︡; Lavr Georgievich Kornilov; Muriel Paget, Lady.; William Boyce Thompson; Leon Trotsky|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Sydney Thayer; Margaret DuPriest
|Notes:||Forms part of the Joseph M. Bruccoli Great War Collection.|
Topics include the journey to Russia, including travel on the Trans-Siberian Railroad, the activities of Mission leader William Boyce Thompson, anti-Semitic sentiments concerning the Revolution and the Bolsheviks, conditions in Petrograd, difficulty in co-ordinating relief agencies, work of German agents against Allied efforts, General Lavr Kornilov, the fall of Riga and chaos in the Russian army, scurvy, and disagreements with a Mr. McCarthy of the Phipps Institute for Tuberclosis.
Also a week long stay in Moscow during fighting between Bolsheviks and loyal troops, accomplishments of the Mission, departure on the army controlled railroad, and return home.
He also mentions briefly conditions in Romania, the Kurds and Armenia, Manchu "cowboys," the Polish Army, anti-American meetings, Lady Muriel Paget, a speech by Leon Trotsky, Madam Catherine Breshkovsky and fears concerning the Revolution.
With the diary are two smaller accounts of the Mission's week in Moscow.
- American Red Cross Expedition to Northern Russia.
- Breshko-Breshkovskai︠a︡, Ekaterina Konstantinovna, -- 1844-1934.
- Communism -- Soviet Union.
- Kornilov, Lavr Georgievich, -- 1870-1918.
- Moscow (Russia) -- Description and travel.
- Paget, Muriel, -- 1876-1938, -- Lady.
- Phipps Institute for Tuberculosis.
- Romania -- History -- 1914-1918.
- Rīga (Latvia) -- History -- 20th century.
- Soviet Union. -- Armiia -- History.
- Soviet Union -- Description and travel.
- Soviet Union -- Economic conditions -- 1917-1945.
- Soviet Union -- History -- Revolution, 1917-1921 -- Civilian relief.
- Thompson, William Boyce, -- 1869-1930.
- Saint Petersburg (Russia) -- Description and travel.
- Trotsky, Leon, -- 1879-1940.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work.
- Velika i a Sibirska i a magistral'.