Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Milton Arthur Caniff; Milton Arthur Caniff; Esther Parsons Caniff; Esther Parsons Caniff; Lotte Lenya; Lotte Lenya; Lotte Lenya; Lotte Lenya; Kurt Weill|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Milton Arthur Caniff; Kurt Weill
|Language Note:||In English.|
|Notes:||All items are photocopies. Duplicate photocopy of Weill's Ode to Milton Arthur Paul Ganiff in Ser.10.|
Also included are: 1) undated sketches by Weill of the "albumleaf" "Ode to Milton Arthur Paul Ganiff [sic] by Maxweill Kurtson [i.e. Kurt Weill and Maxwell Anderson]" and another consisting only of the melody of Victor Hollaender's setting of the line "See what the boys in the backroom will have" from the song of the same name sung by Marlene Dietrich in the film "Destry rides again"; 2) a copy of Lenya's first will, executed in 1963 (in which she expressed her intention to leave all her wearing apparel and jewelry to Bunny and much of her library to Milton); 3) a letter from 1964 from Bill Brownell at Young ? 4) an announcement from 1974 of a special meeting of the members of the Kurt Weill Foundation for Music; 5) a portrait by Caniff of Lenya in the role of Jenny in The threepenny opera; and 6) a chart relating the keys of the piano with notation of their pitches on treble and bass staves.
- Caniff, Milton Arthur, -- 1917- -- Correspondence.
- Caniff, Milton Arthur, -- 1917- -- Friends and associates.
- Caniff, Esther Parsons -- Correspondence.
- Caniff, Esther Parsons -- Friends and associates.
- Lenya, Lotte, -- 1898-1981 -- Friends and associates.
- Lenya, Lotte, -- 1898-1981 -- Correspondence.
- Lenya, Lotte, -- 1898-1981 -- Portraits.
- Lenya, Lotte, -- 1898-1981 -- Estate.
- Weill, Kurt, -- 1900-1950 -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.