Encontrar un ejemplar en la biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que tienen este material…
|Persona designada:||Josiah H Penniman; James Hosmer Penniman; Ida Jutte Walther; James Lanman Penniman; Maria Davis Hosmer; Ida Jutte Penniman; Francis C Wood|
|Tipo de documento:||Material de archivo|
|Todos autores / colaboradores:||
Josiah H Penniman
|Descripción:||9 cubic feet|
The Josiah H. Penniman file consists of the following groups: Articles and papers; a Book collection; a Chronological file; a General file; Speeches and Addresses; and Photographs. The Articles and papers file, the General file and the Speeches and Addresses file represent the academic and professional activities of Penniman both as professor of English and university administrator. The articles and addresses cover a wide range of topics, among them education and the society, Christianity and religion, literature and the Bible, etc. The Chronological file represents primarily Penniman's personal and family life. It consists of correspondence between family members (especially correspondence between Penniman and his mother and his brother James), notes and speech drafts by Josiah Penniman, examination papers, clippings, notebooks, programs, and memorabilia items such as certificates, passports and travel brochures that originally belonged either to Josiah or to his mother or his brother. The Chronological file occasionally also includes some administrative correspondence between Penniman and other Penn leaders. The Photographs file includes seven folders. In addition to Penniman's portrait photographs and family photographs, there are group photographs taken during various events of the University of Pennsylvania.
The family file is divided into five sub-files: the family file of the older generations; the James Lanman Penniman file; the Maria Davis Hosmer file; the James Hosmer Penniman file; and Mrs. Josiah H. Penniman file. The family file of the older generations includes correspondence and miscellaneous material concerning Penniman's ancestry dating back to the seventeenth century. In addition to material of the Pennimans and Hosmers, this file also includes material of several other New England families--the Lanmans, Fosters, Harmars, Hubbards, and the Precotts. The James Lanman Penniman file, the Maria Davis Hosmer file and the James Hosmer Penniman file are similar in composition. They all comprise family correspondence and correspondence with their friends and New England relatives.
- Penniman, Josiah H., -- 1868-1941
- Penniman, James Hosmer, -- 1860-1931
- Walther, Ida Jutte
- Penniman, James Lanman, -- 1832-1890
- Hosmer, Maria Davis -- 1830-1914
- Penniman, Ida Jutte
- University of Pennsylvania. -- School of Arts and Sciences.
- University of Pennsylvania -- History -- 20th century.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- Presidents.
- Wood, Francis C. -- (Francis Clark).
- American Philosophical Society.
- Modern Language Association of America.
- American Dialect Society.
- American Society for the Advancement of Science
- English Association of Great Britain
- General Society of Colonial Wars (U.S.)
- Sons of the Revolution.
- Royal Societies Club
- Pilgrams in London
- The Pennsylvanian
- William Penn Charter School.
- English literature -- Study and teaching -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.