Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James H Martineau; George Albert Smith; Erastus Fairbanks Snow; Brigham Young|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James H Martineau
|Notes:||Photocopy of minutes recorded by James H. Martineau at Parowan, Utah, in 1855, and kept using the Deseret Alphabet. The minutes, kept at Church meetings, record various community issues brought before stake president John Calvin Lazelle Smith (1822-1855), including excommunications and plans for the future of the Parowan Stake. Includes frequent references to George Albert Smith, Brigham Young, and Erastus Snow. The record also includes a brief history of the Mormon Church.
Original in the Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University.
|Description:||1 photocopy, 12 pages.|
Also included are three copies of keys to the Deseret alphabet and two letters regarding the Martineau manuscript from Chad Flake (Curator of Special Collections at Brigham Young University) to Joseph Robert Bingham, dated 1981.
- Martineau, James H. -- (James Henry), -- 1828-1921.
- Smith, George Albert, -- 1817-1875.
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, -- 1818-1888.
- Young, Brigham, -- 1801-1877.
- Deseret alphabet.
- Mormon Church -- History -- 19th century.
- Mormon cities and towns.
- Mormons -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Mormons -- Utah -- History -- 19th century.
- Parowan (Utah)
- Utah -- History -- 19th century.