|提及的人：||Sidney D Drell; Henry Kissinger; George Pratt Shultz; Sam Nunn; William James Perry; Sidney D Drell; Henry Kissinger; George Pratt Shultz; Sam Nunn; William James Perry; Sidney D Drell; Henry Kissinger; Sam Nunn; William James Perry; George Pratt Shultz|
|ISBN:||9780061744006 006174400X 9780061744075 0061744077|
|描述：||xviii, 478 p. ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||Confronting the threat --
Pathways to power --
Manning America's nuclear arsenal --
Going to zero.
A terrorist attack with nuclear weapons is the most dangerous security issue America faces today--and we are far more vulnerable than we realize. Driven by this knowledge, five men--all members of the Cold War brain trust behind the U.S. nuclear arsenal--have come together to combat this threat, leading a movement that is challenging the United States and other nations to reconsider their strategic policies. This book tells the little-known story of their campaign to reduce the threat of a nuclear attack and, ultimately, eliminate nuclear weapons altogether. It is an intimate look at these men--Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, Sam Nunn, William Perry, and the renowned Stanford physicist Sidney Drell--the origins of their unlikely joint effort, and their dealings with President Obama and other world leaders. Journalist Philip Taubman explores the motivations, past conflicts, and current debates that drive, and sometimes strain, their bipartisan partnership. --From publisher description.
- Nuclear weapons -- Government policy -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Nuclear disarmament -- United States -- History.
- Drell, Sidney D. -- (Sidney David), -- 1926-
- Kissinger, Henry, -- 1923-
- Shultz, George Pratt, -- 1920-
- Nunn, Sam.
- Perry, William James, -- 1927-
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Political
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Historical
- Nuclear weapons -- Government policy -- United States -- History.
- Arms control -- United States -- History.
- Nuclear disarmament.
- Nuclear weapons -- Government policy.
- United States.