|提及的人：||Paul Newman; A E Hotchner|
A E Hotchner
|描述：||234 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.|
Bestselling author A.E. Hotchner's intimate account of his 52-year friendship with his pal Paul Newman. Hotchner first met Newman in 1956 when the then relatively unknown actor assumed the lead role in Hotchner's first television play, based on a Hemingway story. The project elevated both men from relative obscurity to recognition, and began a close and trusting friendship that lasted until Newman's death in 2008. Here, Hotchner presents a complicated, unpredictable, fun-loving, talented man, and takes the reader along on their adventures. The pair traveled extensively, skippered a succession of bizarre boats, confounded the business world, scored triumphs on the stage, and sustained their friendship through good times and bad. Most notably, they started Newman's Own as a prank and watched it morph into a major enterprise that has given its $260 million in profit to charities worldwide. --From publisher description.
- Newman, Paul, -- 1925-2008 -- Friends and associates.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Biography.
- Hotchner, A. E. -- Friends and associates.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- American authors -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Actors -- United States -- Biography.