|提及的人：||Joel Chandler Harris; Paul Hamilton Hayne; Paul Hamilton Hayne; Oliver Wendell Holmes; William Owen Baldwin|
|文件类型：||书, 档案资料, 互联网资源|
Paul Hamilton Hayne; John Esten Cooke; Joel Chandler Harris
|描述：||163 items and 6 v.|
Letter, 2 Apr. 1873, Millwood, Clark County, Va., J. Esten Cooke, to Paul H. Hayne, re Hayne's publication of Henry Timrod's biography and poems and urging him to write a biography of William Gilmore Simms; letters, 1874-1883, Augusta, Ga., Paul H. Hayne, to James Maurice Thompson, re poetry literary criticism, and politics.
Three letters, 15 Sept. 1869, 13 Mar. 1872, and 26 Sept. 1878, written by Hayne from Copse Hill (Augusta, Ga.) to Dr. William Owen Baldwin, a physician of Montgomery, Alabama, in which he congratulates Baldwin for publication of a pamphlet reprinting text of his speech before the medical association in New Orleans.
Letter, 14 Jan. 1883, Atlanta, Ga., Joel Chandler Harris, to Paul H. Hayne, re Chandler's appreciation of Hayne's literary work; undated pencil sketch, re two views of Copse Hill, Paul H. Hayne's home in Augusta, Ga.; also including printed articles, 1875-1912, poems, literary essays, and criticisms re Paul H. Hayne's work; undated carte de visite, re Mrs. Emily McElhenny Hayne; and two undated photographs, of William Hamilton Hayne and Paul Hamilton Hayne.
Letter, 11 Apr. 1877, Oliver Wendell Holmes to Paul Hamilton Hayne, responding sympathetically to poems, "South Carolina" and "Vision," sent by Hayne, commenting on the trials of Reconstruction endured by South Carolina, and expressing belief that President Rutherford B. Hayes would improve the conditions discussed in Hayne's poems.
- Harris, Joel Chandler, -- 1848-1908 -- Correspondence.
- Hayne, Paul Hamilton, -- 1830-1886 -- Correspondence.
- Hayne, Paul Hamilton, -- 1830-1886 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, -- 1809-1884 -- Correspondence.
- Baldwin, William Owen -- Correspondence.
- Authors, American -- South Carolina -- Correspondence.
- Authors, American -- Southern States -- Correspondence.
- Criticism -- Southern States.
- Poets, American -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Augusta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.