|提及的人：||Arthur Hollis Edens; Robert Lee Flowers; Paul Magnus Gross; Deryl Hart; Marcus E Hobbs; Charles E Jordan|
Paul Magnus Gross
|描述：||60,000 items (60 linear ft.)|
Contains materials pertaining to Gross' career as a Duke University administrator, committee member, researcher and independent contractor. Types of materials include correspondence, clippings, reports, research papers, meeting notes, conference materials, contracts, speeches, dedications, eulogies, lecture notes, financial information, postcards, and building plans. Major subjects include Duke University, the Graduate School, the Department of Chemistry, University Council, the Board of Trustees, University Research Council, Duke University administration, University Committee on Long-Range Planning, Oak Ridge Institute of Nuclear Studies, study and teaching of physical sciences, military training, war education, munitions development, United States Navy, United States Army, Office of Ordnance Research, universities in the southern United States, and the Gross-Edens controversy. Major correspondents include J. Deryl Hart, Robert Lee Flowers, Douglas M. Knight, Marcus Hobbs, Charles E. Jordan, and Arthur Hollis Edens. Materials range in date from 1935 to 1979.
- Edens, Arthur Hollis.
- Flowers, Robert Lee.
- Gross, Paul Magnus, -- 1895-1986.
- Hart, Deryl, -- 1894-1980.
- Hobbs, Marcus E., -- 1909-
- Jordan, Charles E.
- Duke University.
- Duke University -- Administration.
- Duke University. -- Department of Chemistry.
- Duke University -- Faculty.
- Duke University. -- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- Duke University -- History -- 20th century.
- Duke University. -- Board of Trustees.
- Council of Southern Universities. -- Southern Fellowship Fund.
- North Carolina Board of Science and Technology.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities.
- Oak Ridge Institute of Nuclear Studies.
- Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) -- Faculty.
- Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) -- History -- 20th century.
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- United States. -- Army. -- Artillery -- History.
- United States. -- Navy -- Artillery.
- United States. -- Office of Naval Research.
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Durham.
- Education, Higher -- Aims and objectives.
- Education, Higher -- United States -- Administration.
- Education, Higher -- Southern States.
- Naval gunnery -- Technological innovations.
- Ordnance, Naval -- Technological innovations -- United States.
- Paul M. Gross Chemical Laboratory.
- Universities and colleges -- Southern States.
- Universities and colleges -- Administration.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war.