Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||365 pages ; 22 cm.|
It is 1704 when Genevieve Gaillain and her sister board a French ship headed for the Louisiana colony as mail-order brides. Both have promised to marry one of the rough-and-tumble Canadian men in this New World in order to escape religious persecution in the Old World. Genevieve knows life won't be easy, but when she falls in love with Tristan Lanier, an expatriate cartographer whose courageous stand for fair treatment of native peoples has made him decidedly unpopular in the young colony, Genevieve realizes that even in this land of liberty one is not guaranteed peace. And a secret she harbors could mean the undoing of the colony itself.
- Mail order brides -- Fiction.
- Huguenots -- Fiction.
- French -- United States -- Fiction.
- French-Canadians -- United States -- Fiction.
- Fort Charlotte (Mobile, Ala.) -- Fiction.
- Mobile (Ala.) -- History -- Fiction.
- Mail order brides.
- Alabama -- Mobile.
- Alabama -- Mobile -- Fort Charlotte.
- United States.
User lists with this item (1)
- 2014 - New Fiction Titles (January 6- November 17)(500 items)
by nblibrary updated 2014-11-20