Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sidney Ateller; A Tennyson Beals; Jessie Tarbox Beals; Frederic Clemson Howe; Everett Dean Martin; Edward F Sanderson; Charles Sprague Smith; People's Institute (New York, N.Y.); Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art.
|Description:||38 linear feet (80 boxes, 35 v., 1 map folder)|
Trustee's records, 1897-1921, include draft of the Institute's constitution and correspondence and minutes. Correspondence, 1883-1927, is mainly from the Director's Office with some general correspondence. Core of the collection is made up of departmental subject files, 1897-1930, which contain correspondence, reports, legal papers, class rosters, fliers, and printed matter concerning the entire range of activities of the Institute. Photographs, 1910-1925, include prints, glass plate negatives and lantern slides documenting Institute functions. Collection also contains scrapbooks of clippings, 1901-1922; other printed matter; and half-tone printing blocks.
- People's Institute (New York, N.Y.)
- Political science -- Study and teaching (Continuing education)
- Politics, Practical -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Social sciences -- Philosophy -- Study and teaching (Continuing education)
- Social service -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Social settlements -- New York (State) -- New York.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Emigration and immigration.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Politics and government -- 1898-1951.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social conditions.