Perry Campbell; John C Jr Hennen; Marshall University. Oral History of Appalachia Program.
|注意：||This interview is one of a series conducted concerning West Virginia Vietnam veterans.|
|描述：||Tape: sound tape reel. Transcript: 26 p.|
|责任：||conducted by John C. Hennen, Jr.|
In this interview, Perry Campbell discusses: his childhood experiences leading up to his military service; some regrets he has about military service; his thoughts on the draft and military service; serving in Germany (including getting shot at for helping East Germans escape to West Germany); his experiences as a weapons tester with various types of firearms; his experiences in Vietnam; his thoughts on the war; the VVA organization (Vietnam Veterans of America); wounded soldiers; his employment; psychological problems from the war; Walter Reed Army Hospital; an incident where he was reported dead; and other topics.
- Campbell, Perry, -- 1943- -- Autobiography.
- Walter Reed Army Hospital (Washington, D.C.) -- Oral histories.
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc. -- Oral histories.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans -- Oral histories.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Casualties -- Oral histories.
- Firearms -- Oral histories.